Saturday, November 12, 2011

Praxis Test

I had a Praxis test that I had to take today before I can get my tenure for teaching at the end of this school year.  These Praxis tests are long and hard.  The test was 2 hours and had 70 multiple choice and 2 essay-like questions.  The multiple choice was fine, but the essays are what got me.  I had to rush a little bit on answering the last one, but at least I got it answered.  I heard the lady next to me saying that she didn't even answer the second one.  She'll definitely have to re-take the test and hopefully I answered mine well enough to not have to re-take it.  I'll find out in a month if I passed or not. 

Funny story during the test:  So, they give you time before you actually start the test to fill out basic information like your name, what test you're taking, etc.  On the test packet, in big bold letters, it says the name of the test.  I was taking one on teaching, but they had some people in the room taking one on world history.  There's definitely no way to confuse those test names.  A few minutes after the test officially started, the girl next to me raised her hand and told the person that she probably didn't have the right test.  They asked which one she needed and she said world history.  She had been given the same test I was taking.  I thought for a minute after she said that and wondered why in the heck did she not notice right away that the test she was given was the wrong one?  Seriously, the name of the test is ON THE FRONT, plus we had to re-write the name on the front of our answer sheet.  How?...I have no idea. 

I just had to share that story.  It still baffles me...but also still makes me laugh because it happened.  Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment