Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fletcher Family Visit


Scott's mom, dad, 1 niece and 1 nephew came up the week before Thanksgiving.  Scott's Great Aunt Helen passed away so they were up for the funeral.  It was a sad reason why they came up, but it was nice that we were able to see them since we won't be going to California for Christmas.  Another sad thing happened and I really didn't take any pictures while everyone was here.  I did take a picture of the giant bag of oranges they brought with them from California.  Seriously, it was huge.
Pretty sure you can't find a bag of oranges that big here in Utah. 

Anyway, we went to the viewing and before we took his parents to Cafe Rio, thinking they had never been there before.  Apparently, there's a Cafe Rio pretty close to their house in California.  Either way, you can't go wrong with Cafe Rio's pork salad.

Scott's brother Andrew came into town at the end of the week and instead of going out to eat, we decided to make a nice dinner.  I was in charge of dessert.  I am sad that I didn't take pictures of my cherry cheese roll and gooey cookie pie bites.   The cherry roll is a family recipe that I need to re-type and re-make (didn't turn out as pretty as I'd like) again.  Like I said, I forgot to take pictures of my dessert, but pretty sure my cookie pie bites looked just like this:
Everyone except Scott's brother Andrew left to go back to California.  Andrew was here for Thanksgiving.  Scott and I went in with Brita and Lane (in-laws) for Andrew's birthday and Christmas gift.  His Christmas gift was the flight to come out to Utah and his birthday gift was going to a hockey game.  I did take pictures at the hockey game, which was a lot of fun.
Andrew turned 16 and the sign says 'Ladies He's Single'


Jocelyn wearing Uncle Robert/Scott's hat.
We would take Jocelyn up to high five the players as they head back to the locker room.
We bought her ice cream.  Best aunt and uncle ever.    
This guy loves hockey.
GOAL!!!!
Andrew holding the sign upside down while being seen on the big screen.



We won 4-0!! Take that Las Vegas!

Posing with the hockey statue after the game.
 All in all, it was fun to spend some time with Scott's family.  Since most live in California (Brita and Lane are the only ones who live in Utah), we don't get to see them often and I always love getting to know my in-laws a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment