Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

The week of Thanksgiving sure was busy! Scott's brother Andrew was in town for the whole week, so we hung out with him as much as we could with our busy schedules.  It was fun to get to know Andrew a little bit better and he is a pretty funny guy.

While Scott worked Tuesday night (22nd), I went and saw Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 with my mom and sister.  I thought the movie was fine.  I've read all the books of Twilight and the 4th one wasn't my favorite.  There were awkward things that happened in the book that, of course, were shown in the movie.  So, there were things that I didn't care for in the movie, only because I didn't care for it in the book.  The second part should be more exciting since that's when all the fighting happens between vampires and the wolves.

Thanksgiving Day started early for us.  We ran our very first turkey trot run together!!  We probably didn't train for it as much as we should have, but we did well considering that fact.  The race was 4 miles and Scott ran the race in 33 minutes and I ran it in 36 minutes.  We were so exhausted afterward and my legs are still a little sore, but it was fun.  It was a little cold and we didn't really train outside, so our lungs were burning!  Oops.  I picked up our shirts the day before the race, so we were able to wear our shirts while running, which was fun.
Before the race. 

I'm about to cross the finish line!

After the race. We were so tired.

 After the race, I got going on making a banana pudding pie.  It turned out yummy and despite the large number of pies we had at dinner, half of it was eaten.
 Next up was dinner with my extended family up in Salt Lake.  I have a pretty large extended family, so there was a lot of food.  It was delicious and fun to spend time with them.


It was a very happy Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful for my awesome husband, Scott.  He does so much for me and works so hard to provide for us.  I am thankful that we found a great apartment to live in with great neighbors.  I am thankful to be in a ward where, even though everyone is much older than us, they are super nice and really want to get to know us.  I am thankful for how well off we are financially.  We have been married over a year and have not really struggled with money issues, but that is because of the great jobs we both have, which I am also thankful for.  Lastly, I am thankful for family-immediate, extended and in-laws.  It will be so great when we start a family of our own because we will have such great love and support from our family.  It feels so good to be thankful and we should probably be this thankful all the time, not just one day a year, but it is nice to be reminded sometimes.




2 comments: