Saturday, November 26, 2011

LaCaille Food

Wow, it's been a while since I've blogged!  School work for Scott, work for us both, Scott's family came into town and Thanksgiving festivities have taken place since the last time I posted.  There are going to be several posts updating on everything that's happened, so make sure to read them all!  First up, a continuation about LaCaille. 

The food is delicious at LaCaille!  I got super excited this time and took pictures of everything we ate.  Here we go:

1st Course: Escargot!! (snail)

 The snail really isn't all that gross.  It has the texture of a mushroom and is covered in so much garlic that you really can't taste anything "snail like".  I always eat it on the bread.  The students are funny to watch when the snail comes out.  Some are excited to try it and others are so grossed out.  I say to live on the edge and try it once.

2nd Course:  Lemon Sorbet
This sorbet is to cleanse the palate from all that garlic that was on the snail.

3rd Course: Salad
 Somehow I forgot to take a picture of the salad, although I could have sworn that I did.  The salad is not fancy at all and could be a salad that you would buy out of a bag, so it's a little disappointing.

This is not a course, but we got bread after the salad and this bread is good and it comes with a cute ball of butter.

4th Course: Entree--Chicken

I've had the chicken before and it's been good, but this time around, the chicken was delicious!  I don't know what the sauce is made of, but it was delicious.  I cleaned my whole plate.  See?
5th Course: Dessert--Bananas Foster--flambed
   It is fun to see the dessert get lit on fire every time I go.  I love to see the student's faces as well and see how excited they get.


What a delicious dinner I get to have for free twice a year.  Being a Family and Consumer Science teacher isn't all that bad sometimes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment