Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween and Spider Cookies

So, Halloween was very, very low key for us.  We had no trick-or-treaters, but that is because we live in the basement of a house (it's actually very nice; ask anyone in our family who has seen it), so no kids are going to come knock on our door way in the back.  I was fine with that because I didn't have to spend money buying candy, which meant no extra candy at the house to snack on and become fat from doing so. 

Also, I know dressing up is pretty much the main thing to do on Halloween, but it's just not my thing.  I have never really liked dressing up.  During high school, I played the violin in the orchestra and we would have a 'Monster Concert' close to Halloween every year.  We would be able to dress up in costumes and play scary music.  It was pretty awesome.  There was one year that I did not want to dress up at all and one day while walking through Wal-Mart, I found a shirt that said 'This Is My Costume.'  It was perfect!  My mother was mad, of course, but I loved it because all I wore was that shirt and a pair of jeans.  Best costume ever.  :)

I honestly think Halloween is 10x more fun when you have kids that you can dress up in cute costumes...and then it kind-of forces you to dress up as well.  Until then, I probably won't be dressing up for Halloween.

I did, however, make these Chocolate Dipped Spider Web Oreos.  Another great site I found online for lots of yummy things to make.  Mine actually turned out pretty well.  I did ruin my first batch of white chocolate though by putting in some gel orange food coloring.  I thought it would make it look more festive, but all it did was harden up my chocolate.  Boo.  Other than that, they were super easy, delicious and a fun Halloween treat.




2 comments:

  1. If you aren't already on pinterest.com you should check it out! Sooooo many awesome looking recipes, home decorating ideas, crafts/DIY etc. it's very addictive!

    ReplyDelete