Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Yummy Recipe of the Week

I LOVE these food blogs that I have found.  I know that there are a ton of other ones out there that I should probably check out, but I have so much to try from the ones I have found so far.  I made another delicious recipe from Kevin&Amanda.com.  They are called Antipasto Squares.  Super quick, easy and delicious.  I want to post the recipe here, but if you want, you can go to her site here to look at the recipe. 


Antipasto Squares

2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1/3 lb sliced ham  (I didn't measure to see if any of the meat was 1/3 lb, I just bought a package of that meat and then layered as much as I wanted in the dish)
1/3 lb sliced provolone cheese
1/3 lb sliced Swiss cheese (I used Mozzarella instead and it was good)
1/3 lb sliced salami
1/3 lb pepperonis
3 eggs
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9×13 baking dish with Pam. Unroll one package of crescent rolls and spread in bottom of dish. Layer salami, provolone cheese, ham, Swiss cheese, and pepperoni on top of the dough. In a measuring cup (or bowl), beat the eggs lightly, then stir in the Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Pour 3/4 of this mixture evenly in dish. You should have a little less than 1/4 cup left. Unroll the second package of dough, and place on top of the meat and cheese. Brush with the remaining egg mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove foil, and bake another 15 minutes, or until dough is fluffy and golden brown. Cut into squares and serve warm.

Another recipe success!  I love it when new recipes I try turn out well.  It affirms my cooking ability and the credibility of the recipes from these food blogs.  I love the internet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment