Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Finds

Time for a pinterest update!  I think I might start blogging every time I try something from pinterest.  I've seen people make a whole separate blog about the things that they do from pinterest, but I don't feel like having two different blogs.  The most things that I try from that website are recipes.  A lot of the other crafts or good tips are ones that are more for future doing instead of right now.  The recipes I love since well, we need to eat every night!

On Sunday, the 15th I decided to try  these Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Country Ribs.  It was great because I could put it in the crock pot before church and it would be ready after church was done.  This recipe had you make your own BBQ sauce, so I tried it, but it ended up having too strong of a ketchup flavor.  The meat was delicious.  It was very moist and tasted great as leftovers.  The only thing I would change is just using a bottle of BBQ sauce since the flavor of the ketchup was really overpowering.
Yesterday, I made these Sausage Stars.  I actually don't like that they're called Sausage Stars, so I'm going to call them Sausage Cups because for some reason, stars just sounds lame.  I actually really liked these!  I strayed a bit from the original ingredients and amounts, but followed the rest of the directions the same.  I didn't cook as much sausage since there's just Scott and I to eat the food.  I just used cheddar cheese since that's all I had to use.  I also didn't use 1 cup of the Ranch dressing mix, but whatever I had left from the ribs on Sunday.  It equaled about a tablespoon I think.  I also didn't do any olives, but did red and green pepper and green onions.  Scott was a little hesitant about the green onions, but I thought you couldn't taste them at all.  I took a picture of the ones that were on my plate and I wanted a little bit more ranch taste, so I just put a dab of ranch dressing on top.  Scott said that they tasted like Mexican pizza.

These are more of an appetizer food and I did have trouble pairing something with these.  We bought a watermelon (all Scott) and so we just had some of that with the Sausage Cups.  I just didn't think any of the other vegetables we had would pair well with these, so maybe these are just better as an appetizer than a meal.  Either way, I did enjoy these and how quick and simple it took to make them.  Plus, they weren't fried in oil, but baked in the oven, so that definitely cuts out the fat.  Usually anything made with wonton wrappers is always fried in oil, so it's nice to find recipes using wonton wrappers in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment