Sunday, February 17, 2013

Boy or Girl?

I had my second doctor's appointment on Monday, the 11th.  I really wasn't sure what to expect at this one.  Our first appointment was to see when my baby was due, but this time I didn't really know what questions to be asking or what the doctor would talk to me about.  The appointment took about 10 minutes total.  It was a quick in and out visit.  For one, my doctor was out delivering a baby, so I just talked to a nurse.  We heard the heart beat again and that was it!  She mentioned that I should set up for another appointment in a month and then I asked about getting to see the gender.  She said that after 2 weeks, I can make a separate appointment to find out the gender of the baby.  So, hopefully, on February 26th we get to find out if we are having a baby girl Fletcher or a baby boy Fletcher!!

We are so excited to be able to find out so soon!  I didn't think it would be until March that we would be able to find out, but they said that starting at 16 weeks, you can find out the gender.  Anyways, Scott & I knew that there were these "myths" or ways to guess your baby's gender before you officially find out.  So, we looked up some online for fun and here is what we found out.

Guess #1: Position of the bump--This is one that I'm not sure about yet because I don't think my tummy is large enough to notice if I'm carrying high (girl) or low (boy).  We'll find out if it's true later! Verdict: Undetermined

Guess #2: Craving sweet or sour: They say that if you are craving sweets often, then you are having a girl and if you crave salty & sour foods, then you are having a boy. Verdict: Girl

Guess #3: Skin changes: If you have glowing skin, then you are having a boy and if acne is popping up everywhere, then you are having a girl because she is stealing your beauty (haha).  Verdict: Girl

Guess #4: Heartbeats per minute: If the heartbeat is below 140, then it's a boy and if it's above 140 beats per minute, then it's a girl. Verdict: Girl (156 at the latest appointment)

Guess #5: Morning sickness: If your first trimester was unbearable (throwing up constantly), then you can blame your little girl.  If morning sickness wasn't that bad, then you can thank your little boy.  Verdict: Girl (Um yeah, no question about this one. I had to get some medication to help with the constant nausea and throwing up)

Guess #6: Different sizes: It is said that if your right breast is bigger than your left, then your baby's a boy.  If your left breast is larger than your right, then your baby's a girl.  Verdict: Girl

Guess #7: Motion of your wedding ring: What you do is tie your wedding ring to a string and hang it in front of your belly.  If your ring swings in a circular motion, you are having a boy.  If it swings back and forth, you are having a girl.  Verdict: Boy
Guess #8: Ancient Chinese birth chart: There is this chart that you can look at that bases your baby's gender prediction on the mom's age and the month of conception.  Verdict: Girl (If I was 25 or 27, then I would be having a boy. I'm 26.)
Source: http://www.parentusacity.com/babies-a-baby-care/228-ten-fun-ways-to-guess-your-babys-gender-.html

What do you think? Baby Boy or Baby Girl??

4 comments:

  1. My vote is girl! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you! I miss that first semester! I still think of our peanut butter wall. Hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking girl for a while now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, this is a tough one! I was thinking girl at first, but then I switched to boy. So pretty much, undecided, but I will guess girl anyway!! Sky says boy, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I thought girl at first, but now I'm feeling boy. A lot of those myths pointed to me having a girl, but I totally had a boy. I can't wait for you to find out!

    ReplyDelete