Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Trying Something New

For my Valentine's present, Scott wanted me to have a pamper day.  He wanted me to get a nice haircut and get a manicure and pedicure.  The last time I cut my hair, I went to a Great Clips just down the street, but all I really wanted was a trim anyway, so I was fine it only cost $9.  Scott said that when I get my hair done this time, it needs to cost over $50.  He also mentioned that maybe I should do something different with the color of my hair this time.  I wasn't too sure about the idea because I have never colored my hair before, so I wouldn't know if any changes I'd make would look good.  We looked up some ideas online together and decided that just doing some highlights would be good instead of coloring all my hair.

So, Friday I went into the salon (Kellie & Company in West Jordan) a little nervous and not exactly sure what I was wanting.  I showed my hairstylist a picture and she brought out a color book and we picked the colors that would look the best.  I told her that the only thing I knew I was sure about was that I didn't want skunk stripes; I wanted it to look as natural as can be.  She was so great in making me feel comfortable about what was going on and how great things were looking.  After she rinsed my hair out and started styling it, I knew that I really loved the way my hair looked.

I definitely get nervous in trying new things (especially hair), but this turned out great!  I am really happy the way things turned out and I hope to keep up the color for a little bit as well because it is so fun.
I figured I should take a picture of my hair before it gets changed!
After!

No comments:

Post a Comment