Thursday, February 7, 2013

14 Week Update!


When I was first pregnant, I was exhausted beyond belief.  I slept the entire Christmas break; that's all I can remember doing.  Once school started back up, it was hard to go all day teaching kids and I would be so exhausted when I got home that I would take 2-3 hour naps.  Now that I'm officially in my 2nd trimester (Yay!), I have noticed that I do have a little bit more energy than I did at Christmas.  I still take a nap everyday, but it's shorter and I don't get as exhausted teaching.  

This last week though has been a very tiring week with work.  We had two visits from the head state people over our CTE/FACS department where I had to stay 2 hours after work for.  To make sure those went well, I had to get these evaluations completed and our rooms/kitchen/sewing room cleaned up and so I stayed after my contract hours every day working on getting everything together.  The evaluations went great, btw.  On top of that, it seemed like all these other little papers for the principal were due at the same time.  There was also one day (still last week) where I had to stay for a meeting with a committee that I'm on and we were all there until 4:30!!!  Luckily, they're giving me free Zupa's for lunch, so that helps make up for it, but that better not happen again.  

Now, it probably sounds like I'm a little whiner, but sheesh, please don't give the pregnant lady another week at work like this again.  It is nice that I am part-time, so that next week at parent/teacher conferences, I only have to stay late at work 1 day instead of 2.

Anyways, glad that's out of the way. ;)  I am at 14 weeks now and my next doctor's appointment is on Monday!  I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen at this one, but it will be nice to find out how everything is going with baby.  So, while perusing Pinterest, I found a link to a blog where this girl posts weekly pictures with a little questionnaire about what is going on.  I feel like there is not much to say about anything yet, so with these questions, hopefully it will give you more insight into what is happening.

How far along?: 14 weeks
Total weight gain/loss?: I lost about 10 lbs (give or take a few) when I was super sick during Christmas, but I've gained some of that weight back, about 3 lbs. 
Maternity clothes?: I need to go bra shopping! 
Stretch marks?: Nope and hopefully I won't get any! Hey, a girl can dream right? :) 
Sleep?: I've been sleeping fine the past few nights b/c of work, but usually I have to get up at least once to go to the bathroom. 
Best moment this week?: That tomorrow is Friday!! 
Missing anything?: My motivation to clean.  Sorry husband...and house. 
Movement?: No, still to early for that. 
Food cravings?: There's nothing that I really crave daily, but I do love to eat cereal (not the sweet, sugary kind though). 
Anything making you queasy or sick?: There is something in my refrigerator that just stinks!  Although, my husband doesn't believe me since he can't smell anything in there. 
Have you started to show yet?: I think so, but my perspective could be way off. 
Gender: Not yet, but in about a month! 
Labor signs: No way! 
Belly button in or out: In for now. 
Wedding ring on or off: On 
Happy or moody most of the time: A little moody at work, but I'm pretty happy. :) 
Looking forward to: My next doctor's appointment

1 comment:

  1. Your always happy. So that should make for a happy baby. Love Ya Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete