Thursday, September 5, 2013

Growing Girl

On Tuesday, Scott & I took Kylie to the doctor again to check her weight one more time.  If she was above her birth weight, then the doctor didn't need to see us. The week before, I really felt that she was eating quite well.  Before, when she wasn't getting enough to eat she would obviously be very upset afterwards.  Babies should be content after eating and if not, then something was wrong (gas/tummy issues, still hungry, dirty diaper, etc.).  This past week, Kylie was pretty happy after each feeding, except having gas she couldn't get rid of.  I think she might even be going through a little growth spurt right now since she wants to eat more often (every 2-2 1/2 hours instead of 2 1/2-3) and eat the same amount each time.  She was such a good baby on her blessing day, hardly crying at all.  I'm pretty sure it was because she was eating so much and would just fall asleep right away, so she slept a lot of the day.  I'm grateful for that because I didn't want her to cry during the blessing at church or at home when everyone was over.  Since she was sleeping, she hardly cared who held her.

Luckily, our doctor's trip was short because Kylie weighed in at 8lbs 4oz!  Scott & I are very happy that our little girl is starting to chunk up a little.  There is definitely a load off my mind knowing that Kylie is getting enough to eat now.  It made me so sad before to see her so upset and not really know what was wrong and I am happy that she is happy now.  Our next doctor's appointment isn't until her 2 month in October, so hopefully she keeps on growing.

Here is a picture of her at the successful doctor's appointment:
 I know she looks a little scared, but it's the best picture of her cute outfit.
Such a happier baby now!

No comments:

Post a Comment