Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lucky Number 3

*I forgot to do this on our anniversary. It was over a month ago, but better late than never.*
Scott and I are into our 3rd year of marriage.  I can't believe we've been married three years and I mean that in a good way.  It means that these 3 years have flown by and marriage is enjoyable.  We've had our challenges each year and this 4th year of marriage will have a whole new set of challenges now that we have a baby.  It will definitely be a roller coaster ride with plenty of ups and downs.

I like this quote by Gordon B. Hinckley on marriage:
“I am satisfied that happiness in marriage is not so much a matter of romance as it is an anxious concern for the comfort and well-being of one’s companion. Any man who will make his wife’s comfort his first concern will stay in love with her throughout their lives and through the eternity yet to come.” 

I want to add that I'll stay in love with him throughout eternity.  There is no doubt that I am Scott's first concern and priority.  I do need to be better at letting Scott truly take care of me instead of saying I'm fine and don't need it.  There's no need for me to try to be independent when I have such a wonderful man willing to take care of me.  I am a lucky girl.

"I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday"
'Lucky' by Jason Mraz







1 comment: