Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July

It was Kylie's first 4th of July!  I had plans to go and check out the parade in the morning, but Kylie is young and I didn't want to deal with the crowd by myself.  The morning was relaxing as Kylie and I just stayed home.  It was good that Kylie was able to get a good nap as she had a late night.  Family came up in the afternoon and we had a late lunch of fried chicken.

Scott had to work that night so after he left, we headed to the park where the fireworks were going to go off.  We found a place in the shade and played a very long game of UNO.  The park was showing the Lego Movie, but we didn't sit where we could watch it.  The fireworks didn't start until 10pm.  There was a street lamp that was on right in front of us, so it was annoying to have this bright light in our face.  The fireworks were good, but it was a long show!  It started to get boring and there wasn't any music (that we could hear anyway. We could barely hear some in the distance).  It took us a little bit to leave, so it was about 11:30pm when we got home.  Kylie did great during the fireworks and kept pointing at them. 

4th of July is a fun holiday and I hope we can make some fun traditions in the years to come.

Kylie trying to join in on our UNO game.
Nice sun spot over my head.
My little model.

No comments:

Post a Comment