Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Goals

July was a busy month and we all had fun.  I was able to complete every monthly goal except going to the temple (which I think we might make a every couple months goal for now).  It feels so good to check off every goal.  I've probably mentioned this before, but I really do feel proud of myself for actually keeping up with my new years resolution of monthly and weekly goals.  Since I've made it halfway, I don't have any doubts that I'll be able to keep it up the rest of the year.

The house project for July was to get those canvas pictures hung up in the family room.  The addition of the pictures really completes the room as there's not an empty wall there anymore.  I was reserved for a while to get anything up there, especially in canvas as you can't switch out the pictures.  I'm thinking that our room will be where we'll put the pictures once they're outdated.  The flower picture is courtesy of my brother Aaron.  I looked and looked and I didn't have any flower pictures that looked as good and he was nice to let me use it.
The Kylie project was to plan her birthday party! Of course I waited to do this until Scott's party was over.  It's coming up soon and I'm excited for it! The invitations are adorable and I made them on the computer and just printed at Wal-Mart.  I've decided to do her party on Sunday the day before so work schedules don't interfere. The theme of the party is elephants with grey, light pink and white colors.  I've got a few diy projects to complete and a gorgeous cake and smash cake that's being made.  I wish her party was tomorrow so I could see this cake; I'm so excited!

Our date night this month included Kylie and I almost thought we weren't going to have one as things were so busy.  I found out that the band Train was having a free outdoor concert on Saturday night (26th) and how could we not go?!  We both think the band Train is great, we know a lot of their songs and the concert is FREE!!  You know how much I love free stuff.  We took the trax there and found a nice spot on the side in the grass.  We weren't close to the stage (which is what I was expecting), but it worked out great for Kylie to be able to run around (which is all she wanted to do).  It was so much fun!!
More than just Kylie and I were able to see Scott play soccer this month.  Scott parents & Andrew were in town a few more days after his birthday and tagged along to watch Scott play.  Unfortunately, his team got roughed up a bit and lost.  Oh well, what can you do.  My craft project was to make this bunting banner for Scott's birthday party.  I bought soccer fabric, red ribbon and followed this tutorial. It was super easy once I got going and I'm working on making another one for Kylie's birthday!  Our friend get together was seeing each other at Scott's party.
Lots of weekly activities went on and it was nice to be busy for a change.  Although, I didn't realize how much time I needed to recover from being so busy.  I need to start working on recovering a little bit quicker as it's hard to get back into routine again.  4th of July activities (on a separate post) happened the first week of July.  The second week, I went to the outdoor movie with Amanda (by myself as Scott actually didn't have to work and stayed home with Kylie) and then we were invited by Brita to go get free slurpees on 7/11.  It was busy and the slurpee machines started running out, but we got some before it was empty.  Kylie sure loved it and doesn't mind pina colada flavor.
The third week, we were at Snowbird (separate post) and then Scott's birthday (separate post). That was the busiest week of them all (I also worked for my aunt Carolyn at her insurance office).  The fourth week, we headed to the reservoir in Herriman and then walked around City Creek with Scott's family.
Playing in the fountains. Kylie promptly sat down and got so wet I had to buy her an outfit.
Eek! Her first kiss! She looks a little shocked.
At the reservoir.
It was really bright outside.
Looking cool.
That same week was Pioneer Day (24th).  West Jordan has pioneer day activities at the library park, so we headed down to check it out.  Kylie couldn't do many activities, but it's nice to know what they have so she can enjoy it in future years.  Kylie and I then headed to grandma's for dinner and then everyone ditched us for other activities. Haha. At least Kylie had fun playing with Grandma Omer.
She couldn't stop watching these horses go around in circles.
There's technically a fifth week in July, but we weren't able to do any family activity.  For meal plans, I did quite well! The only week I didn't do one was the week of Snowbird and Scott's birthday.  The one thing I'm working on with meals now is to try to get the grocery bill down a little bit.  I think I need to plan meals two weeks in advance, that way I'm only shopping for produce and milk every week.  I'm also trying to look at using ingredients more than once as well.  I have to wait until a time where we're not so busy!  I did awful with exercise the whole month.  I feel disappointed that I didn't exercise as much as I could have and I need to get back into making it a priority.

This is a long post, but like I said July was a busy month!  August will be just as busy too, so be prepared for another lengthy goal post.

No comments:

Post a Comment