Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Scott's 30th Birthday

Scott had a wonderful birthday weekend!  Scott's family came up and we had a fun, busy weekend.  I hope that everyone had fun as it's hard to tell when you're hosting.  Scott's family arrived Friday morning and everyone slept until about noon.  Once everyone was awake, we got ready to head up to Snowbird.  I decided it would be fun to go up there and show them something they hadn't seen before.  Since we left a little later in the afternoon, all we had time for was to go swimming.  The kids did have fun, but it would have been fun to go on a little walk to the outlook as well.
After swimming, we ate Cafe Rio and then to Brita's place to play some games.  Saturday morning, I made a breakfast of waffles and fresh orange juice (with oranges from California).  Scott headed out golfing with David, Kyle and Lane.  He had so much fun and I was able to prepare things for the party.  Kristene was such a huge help in getting things ready.  The kids also took long naps, so everything just worked out really well.
I looked for ideas for the party on pinterest and saw these birthday cakes made out of fruit.  It was perfect!  The theme for the party was All About Scott and fruit is something he loves.  I still made his favorite birthday cake (yellow cake with chocolate frosting) out of cupcakes.
The cake coming together.
Kristene. Two heads were better than one in putting this cake together!
The finished product!
The main dish we had was pizza (one of Scott's favorite foods) which I got from Papa Murphy's (with a gift card and coupon).  It was nice because I picked them up early and then was able to bake them right before, so they were nice and hot.  I love that the food I chose was simple as to cut down on stress.  I made sure to calm myself down when the frosting for the cupcakes wasn't turning out and I had to try 3 times to get it right.  There was going to be no freak-outs for me!

Since we were having the party at the park, the main activity was to play kickball, but it was so hot outside!  We would have had to have the party at 9:00pm for it to be cool enough.  I did do another activity where I had everyone answer questions about Scott and whoever got the most correct won a prize.  It was fun to hear reactions from people when finding out the answer Scott gave me.  Scott's mom won in the end with 19 out of 30 correct!  There was a great turn-out (Andrew & Rebecca even stopped by on their way back to Colorado) and everyone was so helpful in putting things together.

Since it was so hot, we headed back to the house to cool off and play some games indoors.  We played a few rounds of Mafia and Scott opened presents.  Scott received a lot of jam for his birthday (strawberry from me and raspberry from my mom), some new shoes, a new griddle and various other presents (I can't remember everything).  It was a whirlwind day and I hope Scott had a fantastic 30th birthday being surrounded by people who love him.

Happy Birthday Scott!  I hope your 30's are full of wonderful, unforgettable moments.  Kylie & I love you!
Scott w/ poster. This thing was a pain to display.
Collage of pictures of Scott throughout the years.

Friends came to the party too!
Pretending to blow out candles. It was too windy to light.
I wrapped up 6 jars of jam. :)
Save the date I made to make sure everyone could come.
Official invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment