Friday, November 28, 2014

November Goals

Like I predicted, November was a very low-key month.  Scott was working a lot and we didn't really have time to go do any activities.  That and there just weren't any activities to do in November.  My house project was to decorate for Thanksgiving and I wanted to do some fall cleaning.  I got motivated, made a list and then got like 5 things checked off.  I finally cleaned our microwave and wiped down the outside of the cabinet doors.  I still want to clean out the refrigerator as it is a little dirty.  I also dusted the bookshelves, windowsills and blinds in the family room.  Those blinds were pretty dusty!  Cleaning is not something I am a big fan of, so remembering to clean the non-obvious things is hard.  Maybe I'll make it one of my new year's goals to complete the rest of my cleaning.  It'll give me something to do during the winter when it's cold and we're stuck indoors.  Plus, Kylie actually loves watching and helping me clean.  She'll hold either the broom or the dustpan and wipe down counters with a sponge.  I'm sure she would love helping me dust other things and cleaning out the refrigerator.

My goal for Kylie was to make her a church picture book, but I don't have any Friend magazines to cut pictures out of, so I need to get a few of those and then make it.  I think it will really help her sit still during sacrament meeting because she loves to look at pictures.  Scott and I did have a date night and we went to dinner and saw Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.  We both really enjoyed it and I was happy to go to the movies.  Scott had so many late soccer games this month that Kylie and I were not able to attend one.  The one day he had an early game, we were at Dylan's birthday party.  I didn't get to doing a craft this month,but I'm sure I'll be doing some Christmas crafts next month to make up for it.  I planned a pie night with friends and we all got together on the 14th.  I had plans to take pictures this time, but failed again.  I made a cherry pie and these peanut butter Oreo baby pies.  The cherry pie was delicious and the baby pies were okay.  I think they would taste great right out of the oven because then the cookie would be soft, but they hardened up pretty quickly.  Joni made a yummy eggnog pie and Nichole made pie crust cookies.  We played True Colors, Bounce Off and Make a Million.  It was fun!  I'm not sure we'll get together in December, but we'll see.
We did go out the first week of November to temple square, but I put those pictures on another post.  The next week, we did make it over to celebrate Dylan's second birthday.  Scott and I have gotten Brita and Lane addicted to Ticket to Ride.  I guess we talked up how much we loved the game during the blessing weekend to where David and Kristene bought the game for us!!  We were able to give my mom's game back and we have been playing it often.  The third week of November, our outing was our date night.  I had plans to go to the zoo the day before Thanksgiving as it was a free day.  The last Wednesday of the month from November-February is free at the zoo.  Well, the weather was actually nice and while I was meeting Scott there, I told him to turn around as it was insanely crowded!  There was no way I was going to try to find a place to park and then maneuver a stroller when it's crowded.  We ended up just heading back home.  Oh! I forgot that on the 22nd, Target was having a Frozen Extravaganza in all their stores.  Kylie dressed up as Elsa and we went out to eat at IHOP, which was busy again.  This extravaganza was such a bust.  It was just this small section of the store with a small background and a lame gift bag.  Kylie enjoyed wearing her outfit and she has started wanting to push the carts as well!  She is such a crack-up.
I'm not going to lie, I'm glad that Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is coming!!  We already have our first Christmas activity planned for tomorrow which is going to be super fun.  I'm going to drag poor Scott to all these things he probably doesn't care about at all.  I'm glad that he is a good sport about it, though.  I'm ready for the fun month of December!

No comments:

Post a Comment