Saturday, September 12, 2015

My Dream Come True

Two days after we returned from California, we went to the Davis County Fair.  I saw an ad for it on Facebook and remembered that Brita told me this is where you can ride an elephant.  So, I looked up their website and it's true!!  There was no way I was going to pass up this opportunity, so we went the only day that we could.  It was seriously the best day ever. There's no fee to get into the fair, but there is to park, however we got $2 off for bringing in some canned goods.  Brita and her kids were already there and my mom was going to show up later.  When we showed up, we spent quite a bit of time checking out the contest sheep, goats and pigs.  For some reason, Kylie was really hesitant in getting up close with some of the animals, but she kept pointing to want to see them.
We checked out a few booths and then walked over to where the elephant rides were.
The elephant ride was $10 per person (Kylie was free) and I was nervous that they wouldn't let me on because I'm pregnant.  Even though I was nervous, I was also determined to make them let me on.  When it was our turn, they didn't even take a second glance that I was pregnant. I got to ride in front and it was amazing!!  I was able to pet the top of the elephant's head and just bask in the glow of accomplishing my number 1 bucket list item.  I held in the tears of how happy I was, but I probably should have just let them flow.  The rides are really short, but we got to spend a little longer on our ride because the elephant got a quick spray down with water.  Again, it really was the best day ever.
My favorite picture.  She was posing for us!
After our elephant ride, we watched and took pictures while Brita and her kids took a ride.  My mom showed up when we finished and we found some seats for the elephant show that was starting.  The elephant show was super fun to watch as well.
After the elephant show, we headed to the free pony rides and were able to quickly get on before they took a break.  Kylie rode the pony all by herself and she loved it.
While my mom took Kylie to look at some more animals, Scott and I wandered around for something to eat.  We wanted a fair-only food and we found truck with lots of deep-fried options.  I was originally going to go with the Oreos since those are a classic and I've never had them before, but I saw that they had cheesecake and couldn't resist.  I'm so glad that I got the cheesecake and it was so delicious!!  I couldn't finish all of it because it was so rich, but it was worth the price.  Scott went with a deep-fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but it wasn't anything special.
After getting our treats, we headed over to the tiger show! This is a new show this year at the fair and it was fine.  I was mostly impressed with the trainer that was in the cage with 6 tigers.  There was one tiger that was a little stubborn, so it was kind of funny to see that.  It was a little hard to see and take pictures with the cage they were in.
After the tiger show, we headed back to the elephant rides so my mom could ride with Kylie.  Kylie got to ride in front this time and had fun (I think).
After the elephant ride, we headed home.  It was a long and hot, but wonderful day.  One that I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment