Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Weekly Wednesday Recap

I have two days left until I get induced and we meet baby Jordan!!  I am so tired that it makes it hard to make sure that everything is ready before the baby comes.  I did some light cleaning today and I need to grocery shop tomorrow and then I'll be ready!  It will be surprising if anything happens tomorrow as not even sweeping, mopping and vacuuming did anything today.  I still have a few nerves since I've never been induced before, but I also have a feeling that everything will be okay. 
38 Weeks.
This picture is from over a month ago, but when we were setting up the crib, Kylie went in with her baby dolls one morning and climbed into the crib.  She sure was proud of herself for getting in there!
Kylie loves to brush her teeth and she'll do only do it while sitting on our bathroom counter.  It provides me time to be able to do my hair and makeup at the same time.  One day, she got finished before me and so I gave her an empty blush container and a brush and she pretended to put on makeup.  It was so stinking cute to see her do that.  She is definitely watching and observing everything Scott and I do.
Kylie is also still into painting and coloring.  She'll grab crayons out of the large desk and then head to her small desk to color.  When I don't want to deal with a huge mess, I put an apron on Kylie and let her paint at the table.  She does really well at not painting the table or chair, but she still will paint her hands and sometimes her face.  I need to start increasing her art supplies and find activities she can do while I'm taking care of the baby.
Helping paint the baby's dresser knobs.
Kylie is also becoming a little helper in the kitchen.  Most of the time, she'll help for a few minutes and then start eating the ingredients. Haha.  She helps make pancakes, french toast, smoothies, macaroni and cheese and now cookies!  She also helps sprinkle cheese on things.
Last week we decided to go out to eat as a family, since we probably won't actually go out to a restaurant any time soon after the baby is here.  We used a gift card and went to Olive Garden.  The food was delicious, but Kylie was a little whiny the whole time.  She didn't eat much and kept saying she was "all done", but since we didn't let her down she got upset.  We still have some gift certificates to the movies and I think another restaurant, so maybe we'll have a date night after the baby comes.
Love these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment