Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wednesday Weekly Recap

This last week was busy and different as Scott was home more! I got spoiled and now I want him home all the time, haha. I worked at Scott's parents house twice last week since I wasn't able to the week before. Scott's parents are great and allowing me an opportunity to earn some money. I am going over and helping out Nadine with all her genealogy work. I put items onto Family Search and scan documents into the computer. We look over details together and notice if anything seems off. I'm really glad that I'm able to help her out with this as I know how important genealogy is to her. Family history has never been something that interested me much and so I'm also grateful for the opportunity to understand the importance of it. Besides being able to earn some money, it also gives them time to spend with Kylie and Jordan. Kylie loves her Uncle Andrew and she wears him out every time! It's quite humorous to see how tired he is by the time we leave. Right now, I've been going over every Friday and when I need or want an extra day, then I go over on Mondays. It's actually a day of the week that I look forward to.

On Sunday, it was the Superbowl and we went to grandma's to have dinner and watch the game. The commercials weren't that great and half time was boring. The game was okay and the Denver Broncos ended up winning. We had some yummy food and it was a good time.
On Tuesday, the 8th, I met up with my friend Teresa at IKEA! I've heard that the kids dishes there are the best and so I wanted to pick some up. We met around lunch time and kids meals are free on Tuesday. So, I got food for Kylie and a $1 cinnamon roll, meaning that lunch was a whole dollar! Talk about a good deal. We're trying to do a play date once a week and Kylie is having fun with her new friend Dylan. Their favorite section in the whole store was the fake flowers to where we both ended up buying them some. Kylie still loves her flower.
On Thursday, Scott took the day off from clinicals so that he could study for his test (which he did great on). He also had a work training he needed to attend, so it worked out. While he was there, I went to WIC to talk to them about my milk supply. Jordan's been getting up a lot during the night and it's mostly because he doesn't get much when he breastfeeds anymore. I still have milk, but it's not enough to keep him satisfied anymore. At almost 4.5 months, he shouldn't be eating every 2 hours anymore. It was getting tiring having to get up every 2, sometimes 1, hours a night. So, we started supplementing with formula. WIC let me take home a hospital grade pump to see if that helps, but I'm still getting the same amount. It's frustrating to think that I was doing so well before Jordan got sick. Since starting formula, he's actually sleeping 4-5 hours at a time. I'm going to continue to breastfeed, along with doing formula, as long as I can.

We're also starting rice cereal with Jordan! He's still getting used to  eating it, but he hated it the first time we tried. He would not take any of it!
 These next pictures are the second time we tried. He liked it a little more, but he'd still rather chew on his hands.
Kylie "helped" me make cookies one day. I say "helped" because all she did was pour in the chocolate chips and then lick the batter. Haha. She got her momma's sweet tooth, that's for sure. I also tried a stuffed pepper and made a whole meal in muffin tins. We've been doing great at not eating out (once this month!) and I've been sticking to my meal plans.
Lasagna cups & garlic pull apart rolls
Speaking of food, I got the best Valentine's Day dessert! I was shopping on Saturday morning and texted Scott if I needed to buy some flowers or chocolate covered strawberries. He told me to hang on and then called and told me that we'd be going to his parents house for dessert. He found this video on Facebook and had his parents help him re-create it. It looked like a 5-start dessert and it was so much fun! I was in such awe that they would all go to so much trouble to make it. It was so fun to see it melt away. They made a white chocolate ball, which got put over a small brownie and ice cream (which was frozen, so it wouldn't melt quickly). Then, they melted some dark chocolate which got poured over top and melted away the white chocolate ball to reveal the brownie and ice cream underneath. It was so cool! Scott is one awesome husband.
On actual Valentine's Day, we had a friend get together as it was Chris' birthday! He got a Batman cake and it totally turned Kylie's mouth black. Haha, it was hilarious to see. We love getting together with our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment