Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wednesday Weekly Recap

This last week was a busy week! Monday I worked at the in-laws house since Friday would be busy. Tuesday, we had a play date with Teresa and her kids and this time we went to the mall. We walked around and then stopped at the play place that's there to play around. It's not a fancy play place, but it's a perfect spot for Kylie to get some energy out. I'd go there more often except it's about 20 minutes away. There's a train in the mall, but it's $3 a person so we didn't ride, but the kids loved checking it out as it passed by the play place.

It sure is nice to have a play date each week. It gets us out of the house and Kylie is able to play with some friends. Wednesday was supposed to be a fun day of going to the zoo. It was a nice day and I should have known that it would be super crowded. I went around lunch time thinking that it might not be as busy, but I was so wrong. People were parking 1-2 miles away and walking. I went into the extra parking lot and that was so full, I didn't care to keep trying to find a spot. I got some anxiety seeing how crowded it was and no way was I going to push my double stroller through those crowds. If I was going to the zoo, then I wanted Kylie to actually see the animals. I'll have to wait for another time. I felt so bad because Kylie kept talking about wanting to see the animals. So, when Scott got home from school he took her to see some cats and dogs at the local animal shelter. She loved it so much that she still talks about going to see the kitties and doggies with daddy.
     Brianna & Kyle came into town that night and we had plans to see them the next day. Thursday was a busy day. We headed down to Provo to go to the Provo City Center Temple open house. The city center burned down and they rebuilt it into a temple. The inside was gorgeous with the wood and staircases. It's the most unique temple I've seen. Since Scott was at clinical that day, he stopped by the temple during his lunch break to say hi. Then we went out to eat for some lunch and headed to grandma's afterward. While there, my cousin Melissa did all the girls hair. I cut quite a few inches off as I just needed a change from wearing my hair in a ponytail every day. We stayed until dinner and then headed home.
 Friday, I was busy grocery shopping, cleaning the house and making cupcakes for Brianna's shower the next day. Saturday we were at grandma's again all day. I headed over there an hour before the shower started to help put things together. Lots of family and a few of Brianna's friends came. It was a great turn-out and Brianna loved it. Their baby's nursery is nautical themed and so that's what the shower was. All of us took naps after the shower while my mom so kindly watched Kylie since she wouldn't take a nap at all. I seriously don't know how she has so much energy. Scott stopped by after work and we had dinner and talked.
4 generations!
I also made the cupcake toppers.
Shrimp, fruit kabobs, and "fish & chips"
Saw this idea on pinterest and it turned out super cute.
Boats w/ lifesavers in them.
The whole table. We also had ocean water, like the drink from Sonic.
Banners that I made.
Cute veggie tray.
Opening presents.
Sunday, we got together again at grandma's for dinner. We watched the Oscars and played a game. It was a fun weekend with Brianna & Kyle in town.
Aaron & Jordan
Now, I need to get prepared for this weekend when David & Kristene are coming into town for Jordan's baby blessing on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment