Monday, March 28, 2016

St. Patrick's Day

I usually don't care much for doing anything for St. Patrick's Day, but this year was a fun day! It started out by making pancakes, which I cut into shamrock shapes using a cookie cutter. Then, we headed to the children's museum downtown. I found out the day before that it was a free day on the 17th. I was a little hesitant as the free day at the zoo was completely crowded and I was worried it would be the same. I decided to go anyway and it turned out to be great. We showed up at the perfect time, which was during lunch. We stayed for about 2 hours and when we left, it was busier as kids were out of school by then. There were two levels and different themed sections. Kylie loved the water and ball sections. There was a farm section that had a replica of a life-size horse that she liked to sit on, but other than that those were the only two sections she hung out in. I'm glad that we went and got to see what the museum was like without paying. I don't know if it's a museum we'll visit right now, but I'm sure she'd enjoy it in a few years. After that, I made some lucky charms treats and hung out the rest of the day. St. Patrick's Day doesn't have to be boring!
Kylie painted this rainbow with cotton balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment