Friday, March 11, 2016

Flashback Friday

This past week was super busy! I have been sitting and not doing much today to give myself a break. Tomorrow, I will be back at getting things done. It started on Thursday when Scott stayed home from clinical to study for a big test. I left the house for about 3 hours so he could get some uninterrupted studying in. After lunch and naps, I left to go grocery shopping. Before going grocery shopping, Scott showed me where he and Kylie fed some horses the other week and so we stopped and fed them again. Kylie loves horses and she was so excited to see them and feed them carrots. She talks about feeding horses and seeing kitties, bunnies and doggies with daddy all the time. Scott took Friday off of work as there was so much information to study for and he wanted to do well. So, I left the house again for about 2 hours this time. I love that there is a tradition to get a smoothie each time I go to Costco. Kylie loves it and it helps keep her entertained while we shop.
Saturday was a busy day. It started off with making some cookies for the blessing on Sunday. Then I worked on cleaning some of the house up. David & Kristene came into town that day and we headed over to Scott's parents house to hang out. While there, most of us went and saw the movie Zootopia. Scott, Lane & Andrew stayed home with some of the younger kids. The movie was cute and Kylie did pretty well for her first movie in the theater. She had a few moments of not wanting to sit still and whining, but luckily I was able to calm her down pretty quickly. Whenever she sees a commercial for the movie on TV, she recognizes the characters so that's fun to see.
Once we got home, I stayed up later to finish cleaning the house. I didn't want to have to worry about cleaning, getting dressed and getting the food set up all before church. Especially since Scott was going to take his test in the morning and needed no interruptions. Sunday was the day of the blessing and everything went well. I'm making a separate post for that one. Sunday evening was not a good one. We got woken up by Kylie throwing up. Scott got up first and when I got up, my stomach did not feel so good either and I started throwing up as well! I was only able to help with Kylie for an hour or two and so Scott stayed up all night! He had to cancel going to clinicals on Monday and I felt really bad about it. We have no idea why we got sick as no one else got sick from the party. Kylie started to feel better in the evening and I didn't feel better until almost bed time.

Tuesday, we woke up and felt fine. Scott was at school and so it was good that we were feeling better. We headed to Brita's to hang out with Kristene & Abrie for the day. I left to go to a WIC appointment for about 2 hours and Scott met up with us at dinner at Arctic Circle. One of the cashiers there was so nice. The kids meals come with a stuffed bunny and she saw Jordan chewing on one and decided to just give him one! She also gave all of us a discount on ice cream. We headed back to Brita's after dinner to play some card games.
Wednesday was another busy, but fun day. I was supposed to go to Scott's parents to work and then Kylie could play with Abrie, but I was reminded of a play date I forgot about. My cousin Kisha came into town from New York and she had her first a month after I had Kylie and then she had her second a few weeks before I had Jordan. So, since there's 3 other kids the same age as Kylie and two other babies the same age as Jordan, we got together in Kaysville. It was really good to go up there and see everyone and have Kylie interact and play with her second cousins. We decided to take pictures before we left, so of course the toddlers were tired and not very cooperative. It's fun to have these pictures though as who knows when they'll see each other again. We then had dinner with Scott's parents after they dropped Kristene off at the airport. It was fun to have her and Abrie stay a few extra days.
Kylie feeding an alpaca.
Great-grandma with some of her great-grand kids
Kylie (mine), Marley (Jessica's), Ada (Laura's), Frankie (Kisha's)
Kylie & Jordan, Marley & Macy, Ada, Frankie & Sam, James (Ada's brother)
Laura, Melissa, Sarah, Kisha, Catie, Me
Thursday, I went to check out an in-home preschool that someone in the ward does. It's crazy to think that Kylie could be doing preschool in the fall! She can't be old enough for that. People have said that you can teach preschool at home and while that's true, I couldn't do near as good of a job as a certified teacher. I remember doing preschool when I was younger and Scott is for it, so why not? I'm going to pay the registration fee and then we've got to get to work on potty training! We both think it's going to be so good for her. After that, we went to the park and then I worked on the piles of laundry that needed to be done. When Scott got home from clinical, he took Kylie to go the animal shelter again to see the animals. She always talks about them for a few days afterwards. It is so cute to hear her tell me all about it. We've made some good memories during that busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment