Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Scott's Birthday Surprise

For Scott's birthday, I surprised him with tickets to the Real Salt Lake vs. Manchester United soccer game. When we first heard about the game, Scott talked about how fun of a game that would be to go to, but was not willing to pay that much money to attend. Normal tickets were up to $200, but my aunt and uncle are season ticket holders and had the opportunity to buy cheaper tickets to the game. They were able to buy tickets for us at $80 a piece and my mom bought Scott's ticket as a birthday gift. My mom bought two tickets for herself as well, but no one she asked was available, so Scott's brother Andrew came to the game as well. I made sure that Scott had that evening available (even though he had soccer that night) and asked his sister Becky to baby sit the kids. I didn't tell Scott about the game until he came home from work and I told him to get changed and the tickets were sitting on his clothes. He was super excited and surprised and it made me so happy to see him excited. We went out to dinner at Panda Express and then took the Trax to the game to avoid traffic and parking. Our seats were next to the "mayhem section" and at the front of the section, so we didn't have anyone in front of us. Real Salt Lake lost the game 2-1, but we were on the side closest to the goal that they scored and so that was fun to see up close. Scott had a blast watching Manchester United play and this was such a fun birthday present for me to give to him.

1 comment: