Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Welcome Home!

So, there were a few things that happened before we moved that I should blog about first, but we are just so excited to show off our new house that it took precedence.

It is still a little surreal to us that we are living in a home...that we bought...that we own!  Scott made up this little song that only has one line and goes like this "I own this place, I own this place..."  If you ask, he might sing it to you, but be careful because it's catchy and could get stuck in your head all day (trust me, it did mine).

Despite how excited we are, I do feel overwhelmed at all there is that comes with owning a house.  All the repairs that need to be done, the learning about where everything is and how to fill the space.  It's just Scott and I and while we have stuff, we definitely don't have enough to fill every room right now.  So, it can be hard figuring out where to put what we have and then decide what we need and want.  I have to keep remembering that patience is key and it will take time to get a home to as close as you want it to be (because let's face it, I will change my mind about what I want the house to look like more than once).

Anyways, before I get rambling on too long and bore you, let's get started on a tour of our new home! (I know it's the only reason why you want to read the blog)
 That trailer is the previous owners and that church behind us is NOT the one we go to. (Go figure).
I will get more pictures up of the yard soon.
When you first walk in!
This is the front/entry room.  The piano is the only piece of furniture we know will be in that room always.  We're thinking of putting in a chair or two and maybe a rug.  That's all we got.
We love the look of the half wall and looked a lot of houses with one.  We think it just gives a very open and welcome feel.  I need to find some things to stick on the wall now.
 This is the dining room area.  There are a few blinds missing on the door.
This is the kitchen!  Now, as a home ec. teacher, a nice kitchen is an important thing to have in a home.  I really like the white cupboards and how spacious it is.  I also love that I can fit my spice rack underneath the cupboard.  The last two places we lived, I had to stick it on top of the oven.  Not that it didn't look bad, but I just didn't like it there.  I also love all the counter space!
The pantry, fridge and empty space next to the fridge.  The pantry looks so empty.  Gotta start building up that food storage!  Now, the people who lived here before had a hutch type thing next to the fridge and that is also what we are looking for.  Something where the mail can go, pens & pencils & paper and little knick- knacks that have no place to go.
 Part of the family room.
The rest of the family room.  Who know how often we'll use the fireplace, but I actually love the look of it.  The wooden board on the wall is from the previous owners' t.v. being mounted there.  We're thinking of keeping it until we get a t.v. that we can mount and then move the t.v. we have downstairs to the "man cave".
This is a view to the garage (door you can see the most of), laundry room and downstairs.
View to the dining room and kitchen from the family room.
Laundry room!  I like that we have cupboards above and on the other side there is a wire shelf.  Yes, that is a kitty bed next to the washer.  Madeline is spoiled.
There is a half bathroom in the laundry room as well.
Cute sign that Brianna and Kyle got us!
Stairs leading to downstairs.
Scott's future "man cave"
We're thinking guest bedroom for this room.
I like the built in shelves and we asked the previous owners to leave in the shelves in the closet.
Very spacious walk-in closet in the master bedroom.
Separate shower & tub.  This is a favorite of Scott's.
Rest of our bathroom.
One half of the master bedroom.
Other half of the master bedroom.
Bathroom upstairs next to the master bedroom.
The office room.
Extra room next to the office.
Cool built in shelves in the closet.
View from the upstairs.
Wow, this will probably be the longest post I will have.  Unless I give another tour of the house once it's all decorated and painted to our liking.

We LOVE our home and hope you like it too!  We welcome visitors anytime now we have the space to have some.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Congrats! We have been on the market forever, you guys are lucky you found something you love, hoping that is coming soon for us! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete