Thursday, July 26, 2012

You've Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!

Scott's birthday was the 19th of July and he turned 28!  We weren't doing a big party or anything (I'll save that for the big 3-0), but I still wanted to make sure that he felt special on his birthday (even though he said he didn't need anything big).  The morning started out with me getting up early and setting up the Happy Birthday banner.  I forgot to buy balloons this time, but I'm sure Maddie would have just popped them anyway.
I made this birthday sign for Scott's birthday last year and it took FOREVER to make, so I am keeping this to use for birthdays until it dies.
 I made a special place setting for the birthday boy for breakfast.
 Birthday breakfast of waffles, hash browns and eggs (with ham)!
Scott was nice to smile for me, even though he had just woken up about 5 minutes before this picture was taken.
We headed to the new City Creek mall downtown since we hadn't been there yet since it opened.  It is pretty nice and larger than I thought it would be.  It was the perfect day to walk around too since it was overcast, so it wasn't so hot outside.
They have fun fountains throughout and it is right across the street from the Salt Lake Temple.  We then went to eat at The Cheesecake Factory (Scott's choice).
Scott got the chicken alfredo.
Scott was trying to get a picture of his food as well, but it turned out too bright.
 My delicious SBLT sandwich.  Shrimp (bottom layer), Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato.
Of course I told our waiter that it was Scott's birthday and they brought out his cheesecake with a candle in it and sang happy birthday.  Scott got the key lime cheesecake.
My delicious chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake.

After dinner, we headed to the theater and we went and saw The Amazing Spider-man.  We both really enjoyed this movie despite it being remade so quickly after the other spider-man movies.

Anyways, I would say it was a successful birthday and I will continue spoiling Scott for his birthday because he deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment