Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Back to School

I went back to work on Monday. I was such a mess Sunday night. Honestly, half of my worry wasn't related Kylie, but whether or not I would still be good at my job. It sounds like such a silly thing to worry about and I am re-finding my groove with teaching again (reminds me of Emperor's New Groove..."Ugh! You threw off my groove!" "I'm sorry, but you've thrown off the Emperor's groove." "Sorrrrrryyyyy!"). It has only been three days, so it will take time to pick up all my habits again.  My students seem okay so far (there is one class that is already getting on my nerves) and it is nice I have been teaching so long that I don't need to write lesson plans every day. I do feel behind in outside classroom requirements and I sometimes wish I was able to go to some of the meetings while I was on leave, so I wouldn't be behind.  

Going back to work is nice in that it does get me up and moving, which might make me a little more productive at home because I am already up and doing things. It was hard to motivate myself when I was home with Kylie because I loved just sitting on the couch snuggling her.  I do miss that and it is the first thing I do when I get home. :) Going back to work will also help with financials, which will be nice not to have to worry about a lot.  I know that I will be teaching this whole school year and I don't have plans to quit after, but I am thinking that if it was hard to go back after only 6 weeks, I can't imagine what a summer is going to do to me.  We will just see how I feel and how things look when we get there.

I don't worry much about leaving Kylie because she is home with her daddy.  It is so nice that Scott and my schedules work out to where we don't need to send Kylie to a babysitter.  I am a little jealous though that Scott gets to stay home with her during the day because I I feel like Kylie is more happy in the morning and I get her at night when she is tired and grumpy.  Scott has been great so far and has taken quite a few pictures and videos of her.  I was talking to my co-teacher and she said that Scott is going to develop a great relationship with her since most dads are usually gone a lot because of work.  I am excited that we will have a daddy's girl on our hands. 

Now, some cute pictures of the baby.  The videos won't upload on here for some reason.
These first four pictures are from my mom's phone when she baby-sat.

This girl is just adorable in the color pink.
We get this "You're crazy mom & dad" look a lot.
Look at that smile!

1 comment:

  1. I still think she is favoring the McKown side as she continues to grow. Proud grandpa here! GP Jack

    ReplyDelete