Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Kylie's 2 Months

Kylie is two months already!  She has grown so much.  She actually celebrated her two month anniversary on October 11 by coming to school with me!  For some reason, 8th graders now have to take a practice ACT test, which I think is crazy.  Because of that, our school had to make a weird block schedule and on Friday, I only had one class to teach in the morning.  It was an 8th grade class, so I also only had half of my students in class while the other half was testing.  Scott worked the night before and it just made more sense for her to come with me for a short time rather than Scott taking care of her and risking not getting good sleep.

Kylie was great and slept the whole time my class was going on.  She woke up after class was over needing to be fed.  After I fed her, I walked around showing her off to some of the teachers.  She was happy and smiling and talking to everyone.  I wish I could do this every Friday, but it was nice that I was able to do it and that no one cared I brought her.

Kylie was so great at her two-month appointment! She actually rolled over while waiting for the doctor and I caught it on video! We were so excited. Kylie weighed 11 lbs 9 oz.  She is 58% for her weight and 28% for height.  She did so well with her shots too. She cried when she got them then we gave her a little bit of Tylenol and she fell asleep pretty quickly after. We are so so proud of our baby girl.

Some things about Kylie:
  • She is a happy and smiley baby for the most part.  She still has her fussy times during the day and is more fussy some days than others.
  • She is "talking" a lot now.  I always wonder what she is trying to tell me.  It will be fun once she does start to talk.
  • She is sleeping in her crib now and she is a mover in her sleep, so it's good we moved her to the crib which is more spacious.
  • She seems to not need her pacifier as much as she used to.  She still needs it to help her fall asleep, but will spit it out pretty quickly after.
  • She spits up a lot.  We have to keep a bib on her almost all the time and have a burp cloth always handy.
  • She likes to grab onto things now and my hair is a favorite.
  • Sleeping through the night is getting better.  Just the other night she slept from 8:30pm-4:30am, her longest stretch yet!  It's too bad she woke up so early though.  Luckily it wasn't a school night.
  • Bath time is a favorite of hers still. She has loved bath time since her first bath at home.
  • She likes looking at toys now and when she sits in her swing, she can stare at the monkey that's hanging for quite some time.
  • She is fitting into 3 month clothes now.  Some 3 month clothes look larger than others; it just depends on the brand.
  • She loves tummy time and I'm sure she'll be crawling here soon.
  • She loves mommy and daddy and they love her too. :)
Outtake from the photo shoot:
Spitting up as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment