Friday, October 25, 2013

Bite Size Apple Pies

Scott & I bought a bushel of apples a week ago and as much as Scott likes apples, I don't eat enough to help him out.  Apples can last about a month, but I'm sure that we won't eat them fast enough before they might start to go bad.  What do you do with apples that you can't or don't want to eat raw? You bake with them! 

I like apple pie, I really do.  I just don't enjoy making apple pie as much.  I made an apple pie from scratch for Thanksgiving last year and it took longer than I thought and didn't turn out as well as I wanted it too.  With Kylie, the night is when I have time to spend with her since during the day I am at school.  I don't want half of my night to be spent making an apple pie.  So, I looked though my pinterest boards and never fail, I found these Bite Size Apple Pies!!

I had all the ingredients on hand to make them and I even made them while wearing Kylie in the baby carrier.  It was that easy.  It took about 30 minutes start to finish.  Super easy and delicious straight from the oven with a scoop or two of ice cream.

Bite Size Apple Pies

Ingredients:

1 (Tart) Apple Slice
3 Heaping Tbsp. Brown Sugar (I didn't really measure. I just spread brown sugar on the crescent roll out of the bag)
2 Tbsp. Cinnamon ( I used a homemade Cinnamon-Sugar Mix)
1 Tbsp. Melted Butter

Directions:

1.Preheat Oven to 350˚
2. Roll out the dough on a greased cookie sheet, brush with butter and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on individual pieces of dough.
3. Roll up an apple slice in the dough forming a crescent, brush with melted butter and top with cinnamon.  Repeat for others.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350˚.
5. Remove from oven, filling will be hot!


No comments:

Post a Comment