Friday, October 25, 2013

High Five for Friday

I haven't done one of these in a while, so here we go.

1. Scott made me lunch to take to work the other day.  He packed it after I had gone to bed, so I didn't have any say on what went in it.  When I got into my lunch, this is what I saw. It made me smile and laugh and made lunchtime so much better.  My husband really does have a good sense of humor.
2. On Wednesday, My sister-in-law Brita called up and asked if I wanted to come to her enrichment activity. I follow this blog called Jamie Cooks It Up. I knew that she lived in Herriman, I just didn't know how close she lived to Brita. Some people in her ward knew her and asked her to show how to make rolls since Thanksgiving is coming up. She showed how to make these frozen butter flake rolls that are pretty good! You can make a big batch and freeze for up to a month, but they do take 3-5 hours to rise, so you do have to plan for that. They aren't ones you can take straight from the freezer to the oven. I'll have to try them sometime because it would be nice to have rolls you can take out early in the day and be ready by dinner time.  It was fun to meet and talk with her.  
3. It's been a little busy this week, so yesterday I was as finally able to catch up on some of my T.V. shows. Kylie just sat on my lap watching them with me.  I hope she wants to cuddle with me as she gets older. I loved just sitting there holding my baby.
4. I've gone out walking a few times with Kylie now.  Sometimes it's hard to get up and go because I am tired when I get home from school and just want to take a nap.  I have enjoyed it though because it's allowed me to explore my neighborhood a bit more and let me tell you, it is huge!  I never realized how big the neighborhood is we live in.  Kylie also likes the walks too. I try to go when she's already asleep so I don't have to worry about her crying the whole time.  Just yesterday, she was awake for about half the walk just chilling and then fell right to sleep. I think the bouncing from the sidewalk puts her to sleep.
5. I put up my Halloween decorations last week. I don't have a lot at the moment, but I do like the ones I have now.  I also have fall decor that I will stick up once Halloween is over. It's amazing how big a house can feel when you're trying to decorate it because you hope you have enough that's going to be noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment