Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day this year turned out fun!  Scott requested for the night off of work so we could go on a date.  We received a gift card to Outback Steakhouse from Scott's parents for Christmas and figured valentine's day was a perfect time to use it.  We originally thought to go to dinner and then a movie when my mom got to our house to baby-sit Kylie.  Scott decided he wanted to go out to eat with Kylie and then we could go to a movie alone.  It's a good thing we went out to eat early because when we got there, we overheard the front desk saying that about a half hour later there would be hour waits for dinner.  We had both never been to Outback before and just thought the food was okay. 

After dinner we went home, waited for my mom to show up and then went to go see The Lego Movie.  Yes, it's a kids movie, but it was actually pretty entertaining and funny!  We both enjoyed it and had a good time.  I had wanted to get frozen yogurt for dessert since I had a buy one, get one free coupon, but there were plenty of desserts at home.  Scott bought me some delicious cupcakes and we made chocolate covered strawberries.  Yum!

For Scott's present, I put together the puzzle he made for me when he proposed.  I modge podged the back and then went to D.I. to find a frame.  I don't know exactly where I'm going to put the picture, but I'm glad it's out instead of in a bag hidden somewhere.  I like that I'll always have a reminder of the day he proposed.

I know some people don't like Valentine's day because you should show your love every day, not just one day out of the year.  Or that there are always high expectations of gifts and plans.  I never really hated the holiday, even when I was single.  Sure, I would get a little bummed if I didn't have a date or get flowers, but I never felt unloved.  I think it's a fun holiday to do a few extra special things and it will be fun to see what traditions we decide to do for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment