Sunday, March 30, 2014

Farewell Dinner at Wasatch

This is way overdue, but I do want to write about it.  Last month on February 12th, there was a small farewell for me at Wasatch Jr. High.  I quit teaching at semester change and they wanted to do the farewell where almost all of the teachers would be present.  Usually Friday meetings do the trick, but there weren't any that were happening when I was leaving.  I was fine coming in at a later date and they decided to combine the dinner that they have before parent/teacher conferences with my farewell.

Scott & Kylie came with me and it was just really nice.  Jodelle, my co-teacher, put everything together and I was touched with what she did.  She took an old apron I would wear all the time (from the pork lady who used to come and teach the kids about pork) and had everyone sign it.  Then she bought me a new apron to replace the old one.  Jodelle also bought Kylie a cute grocery cart with play food in it.  Jodelle said some nice things about me and then I said a few things as well.  I did quit pretty quickly and you always wonder how people really think of you.  It was nice to know that I was appreciated and that everyone understood I was leaving teaching for a good reason.

Old, signed apron
New apron
Jodelle, Kylie & I
Kylie checking out her present.
On my actual last day of teaching, it was the last day of the semester so there wasn't much planned anyway.  I had them fill out surveys and watching a video.  Scott, Brita and her kids came to see me at the start of my 3rd period.  They brought flowers and cake!  I fed cake to the rest of my classes and the teachers during lunch.  I also brought Kylie to school with me since Scott worked the night before.  It was a bittersweet last day of school.
Yes, Scott realized later that he made a spelling mistake. :)
Part of my teen living class.

No comments:

Post a Comment