Monday, March 3, 2014

Kylie's First Hockey Game

On Saturday night, we wanted to get out of the house and go do something.  There was a hockey game and we headed out to go see our first one of the season.  The Grizzlies were playing Alaska and they won 4-3!  They were ahead 2-0 by the end of the 1st period, but then started not defending very well and let the Alaskan team score.  During one of the breaks, the jumbo tron pulled up the kiss cam and Scott and I were the first ones to be shown!  I wasn't paying attention at first, so I had to look up and we kissed for the camera.  Scott was holding Kylie on his lap and I'm sure we were chosen because we had a cute baby with us.  Every time we've been to a hockey game with Brita and her girls, we've always been on the jumbo tron.  People can't resist cute babies!  I was pretty excited as I've never been on the kiss cam before! 
We had to re-create the kiss afterwards.
Kylie was great the whole time.  She was up way past her bedtime, but she was not fussy at all.  She enjoyed taking in all that was going on, so she wanted to be awake to see it all.  After the game, you can put your hand out to try to high-five the players as they go to the locker room.  Scott ran down there with Kylie, but she was still too high up for any players to notice her.  I kept imagining Scott dropping her and telling him to hang onto her tight.  Haha, I'm such a mom!  It's nice that hockey games are cheap enough where you don't feel like you're breaking the bank when you go.  I bet we'll go to a few baseball games this summer as they are cheap also.

No comments:

Post a Comment