Monday, March 31, 2014

Tag Blanket

For a while, we've been noticing Kylie chewing on her seat belt strap every time she's in her highchair.  I also noticed Kylie chewing on her straps to her changing pad as well.  While looking through pinterest, I noticed a pin about a tag blanket.  It's a blanket with a variety of ribbons around the edges for the baby to happily chew on.

Since Kylie liked the seat belt material to her high chair, my mom thought it would be a better idea to sew that onto fabric instead of ribbon.  Also, I guess if I bought ribbon, I'd have to make sure that the color would stay on the ribbon and not rub off into her mouth.  My mom was nice and bought the materials for me.  I had to do a few things differently than the instructions as I had different "tag" material.  That seat belt material frays when you cut it, so I had to cover up the fray with a piece of fabric first before sewing.  It was also thicker to sew down as well.

This project was simple and took me about 2 hours to do.  Kylie doesn't chew on it all the time, but it's another option besides a toy to keep her busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment