Monday, March 3, 2014

February Goals

There were some things that I did better on this month and some things that I did not complete.  I think that's how it's always going to be.  I'm not sure I'll ever get every goal accomplished and that's okay because life gets in the way.  It's better to be flexible than to cause stress trying to get things done.  I feel good about what has been accomplished so far.  

Monthly goals--
     Craft project: I did two again this month. One was the valentine's for the grandparents and the other was Scott's valentine's present.
     Kylie's baby book: it is completed up to 5 months! I most likely won't update this every month, so this will change to activities to do with Kylie for the month. I get an e-mail from baby center that gives ideas of activities to do.
     House project:  I had a goal to complete a family gallery wall again, but I didn't do it.  I am still trying to figure out how exactly I want it to look. It's hard as it's the first thing people will see when they walk in our house and I want it to look nice. There's so many ideas, I'm just not sure what I want.
     Scott soccer game:  I didn't see him play this week as he had a lot of late night games and the one that wasn't, was a night Kylie was a little fussy.
     Date night: We went out on valentine's day

We were able to go out and do an activity as a family once a week. We took a trip down to Provo, checked out the sport's store Scheel's and went to the zoo on free admission day!  I've been pretty good at exercising too!  Lately, I've been doing 3 days a week, but I need to start doing more.  I've mostly been doing Tae-Bo by looking up videos on YouTube and watching it on the tv. I don't think Tae-Bo is as popular as it used to be, but I still enjoy it!  Just Dance can be fun, but I don't think it gives me a great workout.  Some weeks I do great at sticking to my meal plan and others, not so much.  The week of the 17th, I didn't do well at all! I think we maybe ate out 3 times. Oops. 

I also had a goal to try to have a dinner with friends as often as we could. We hosted a dinner at our house on the 22nd with an Italian theme.  I made spaghetti and meatballs for the main dish. I found this recipe off Picky Palate. I couldn't find the mozzarella balls, so I had to just cut up pieces of mozzarella. I guess I didn't fill them up enough because I couldn't really taste the cheese.  I don't know about anyone else, but that was just me.  The meatball itself was quite good though!  I also had my friends bring a salad and ingredients for Italian sodas and we had garlic bread. Yum yum! It was a good dinner.  For dessert, I wanted something Italian. I looked up recipes for cannoli, but I wasn't sure how good it would taste as I don't think I've ever had one.  So,  I looked up a recipe for homemade gelato!  I found one with perfect, easy to read directions that work with any ice cream maker.  I puréed strawberries and the strawberry gelato was delicious! It is true in that if you freeze the gelato, it doesn't have quite the same texture after.  It's a little more gritty so it's best to eat fresh when it's creamy.  For activities, we could either watch the movie The Italian Job or play the game Bang, which is an Italian game.  We opted for playing Bang and everyone had a blast!  We probably could have played the movie in the background, but we had too much fun playing the game.  While looking through our movies, we were thinking of other theme night dinners and I am excited to do more!  It's nice to be reminded that we do have friends.

Bring it on, March!  I'm ready to tackle your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment