Monday, March 31, 2014

Quick California Trip

From Saturday the 22nd to Wednesday the 26th, we had a little vacation to California.  Scott's parents wanted to get some family pictures done with everyone as things have changed since the last time pictures were taken.  There were some family pictures taken when we went to California after getting married, but they didn't turn out so well.  The original plan was to go the first week of April as that would have been my spring break if I was still teaching.  Since I quit, we were able to go when Brita and Lane would be there so we would be able to participate in all the activities.

We left Friday night at about 10:20pm and arrived in California around 6am.  David & Kristene so kindly hosted us at their house in Rialto, which was nice as Scott's parents home was crowded with everyone else.  I'm glad we were able to have our own bathroom to get ready in.  Kristene was so nice and watched Kylie for a few hours while Scott and I caught up on some sleep.  After we woke up, we headed out to see David & Kristene's potential new house!  It looks great and I hope everything works out for them in getting it.  We ate lunch and then headed to Riverside.  I went shopping with Nadine for some last minute clothes for the pictures which took about 2 hours.  Brita and Lane had arrived and we all ate dinner, played some games and then headed back to Rialto.
We had a little birthday cake for Brooke's upcoming birthday.
They decided to sing to me too even though my birthday isn't for a month.
Scott fed Kylie some delicious Californian oranges! She loved them. I do get a little worried with the acidity though.
Sunday, we went to church in Riverside.  Kylie was very wiggly during sacrament meeting and when I put her on the ground, she crawled right on over to the people across the aisle!  She hung out with them for the rest of the meeting. Abrie even walked over there once or twice to see what was going on.  It was pretty funny to see that Kylie was content hanging out with perfect strangers.
After church, we just hung out with Scott's family and played games the rest of the night!  We also tried to figure out what everyone was wearing for the pictures.  We picked this color scheme here:
What I didn't realize is that there is a variety of salmon colors out there! There can be salmon pink to salmon orange and we sure had a variety!  I was feeling pretty helpless because there was so much variety I wasn't sure it would all look good together.  In the end, I think it worked out great.  Monday was picture day and took up pretty much the whole day because it was down in Orange County.  It was at a studio which was a little small, so it got a little crazy trying to get a family picture with how many people were there.  I don't know which end pictures were chosen, but I hope to find out soon!
I loved our color combination for our little family.
Kylie's dress was so cute!
Once again, we ate dinner in Riverside, played a few games and left a little early to get ready for Disneyland!  Tuesday was Disneyland and I'm going to do that in a different post.  We had planned to go to the beach on Wednesday, but the weather wasn't good beach weather.  Everyone was still exhausted from a full day at Disneyland, so we decided to have a game day!  We pretty much played Bang! all day and it was awesome.  That game is fun because it is a different game each time and you really don't have to worry about being bored while playing.  We left Wednesday night at about 9:30pm for home.  The drive home was a little harder and Scott and I had to keep switching off about every two hours.
Nikki & Kylie!
Kylie playing by herself during a round of Bang!
Despite it being a quick trip, we had a great time seeing everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment