Monday, September 1, 2014

August Goals

August was another busy month.  Monthly and weekly goals were accomplished.  The house project I chose was to just clean and organize the junk cupboard underneath the counter.  It wasn't as messy as I thought so it didn't take long to organize.  It's nice to have it clean and done though.  The project for Kylie was her birthday party of course!  Everything went great with it and I am happy with how it turned out.  Since we weren't able to have our date night on our anniversary, we celebrated a week later on the 14th. Scott received a gift card to Olive Garden for his birthday so we went there.  The food was delicious, but we got full quickly.  It was sad because since we were going out of town the next day, we had to give our leftovers away to Brita & Lane.  There wasn't a soccer game that I was able to attend as game times were late and we were out of town for one.  My craft project was the banners I made for Kylie's birthday.  We had two friend dinners in August; one at the beginning of the month and one at the end.  I'm not sure if the one at the end counts towards September so we'll find out.  The first dinner was banzai burgers, a s'mores bar and an outdoor movie.  The s'mores bar was delicious!  I think my favorite combinations were The Elvis and The Ritz.
Our second dinner was at our house and we played the not so newlywed game.  I found it from the Dating Divas site and it was so much fun!  Bryan and Natalie joined us this time and it was a blast to play.  I also made these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Bombs which were quite the bomb! They're a little bit of work to make and super rich, but oh so good.
The activity the first week of August wasn't a family activity, but it was a fun one.  Since Scott was at scout camp on our anniversary, I went to go see Wicked with mom, Brianna and Aaron while Kyle watched Kylie.  I had seen the play before and it was just as good this time.
The second week, we celebrated Kylie's birthday by going to a new splash park near our house.  We also headed off to Yosemite which was the activity for the third week in August.  That trip is talked about in two separate posts.  There were two activities that happened the last week in August.  Thanksgiving Point, every year, has $2 Tuesdays in August meaning that you can get into anything there for only $2.  A new museum opened there called the Museum of Natural Curiosity and it was busy! Since it was the last Tuesday plus only $2 (instead of $15), it was pretty crowded.  Brianna came with and we had to wait outside for a bit and leave the stroller behind.  Even though there were a lot of people, it wasn't too bad.  There were some things that Kylie enjoyed doing, but not a lot so it was worth it to check it out for such a cheap price.  She will love it when she gets a little older though as there is plenty to do at that museum.
Hoarding all the toys.
This was her favorite spot! Playing the water.
Drying off in the wind tunnel.
You can tell that Kylie wouldn't want to be in a hurricane.
Flapping her wings like a hummingbird.
This picture makes me laugh. Thanks Brianna for holding her up there.
On Thursday, I went with mom, grandma Omer, Rachele and Nadine to the Ogden Temple open house.  We didn't have tickets, but they don't really check and Nadine used her "I'm from California" bit to help us out.  It's a beautiful temple and completely re-done! It used to look like the Provo temple so it is crazy that the whole entire temple was renovated. 
I did pretty good with my meal plans and just eating at home throughout August.  Even Scott helped out and made something fun with the deacons.  He has a few deacons come over on random Tuesdays to make and eat peach cobbler.  This last time, they added graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate to make a s'mores peach cobbler!  It wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it tasted really good!  I was pleasantly surprised.
 I did really well with exercise the first week and then it went downhill after that.  I decided to start doing this Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred program.  It's only 25 minutes and it rotates between strength, cardio and abs.  I really like doing it, but I got busy the week we were leaving for Yosemite that I only did it for 2 days and then the week of Yosemite, I didn't do the program at all.  Since it had been so long since I did it, I only did it for 2 days the last week of August.  There's 3 levels to the program and I finished level 1.  You're supposed to pretty much do it everyday for 30 days with like 1 day rest each week.  I figure I'll just keep doing it as it's better than sitting on the couch.  I've started doing it at night once Kylie's asleep as I probably won't wake before she does in the morning and I can't do it with her in the room.  I like getting back into the habit of wanting to work out again.  Doesn't mean I do it everyday, but the fact that I want to is important.

I have slightly different goals for September, so I'm excited to see how those turn out.  Until next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment