Thursday, September 25, 2014

Missouri Vacation Day 3: High School Reunion

I woke up early Saturday morning as Kylie kicked me out of bed.  She woke up about 2:30 in the morning crying so we put her in bed with us and she actually fell asleep (something Scott has been trying to get her to do for a while).  She eventually turned sideways giving me hardly any room as you can tell from this picture here:
 
Roberta made us pancakes and eggs and then her and dad took Kylie to the Deanna Rose Farm to play.  From the pictures they took, it looks like they had a lot of fun.

While they did that, Scott and I went to the mall to see if we could find a new hat for Scott.  Instead of a hat, we left with two shirts for him.  We then saw The Guardians of the Galaxy which I thought was a fun movie, but Scott was a little disappointed by it (too much hype and it didn't live up to it).  After the movie, I got ready for the reunion and then we left to go about 6:15pm.  I still kind of wish we had left a little bit earlier so we could drive around Liberty a bit more and I could bore Scott with all the details of the town. ;)  We got to the reunion and since I wasn't sure what to expect, I guess it was fine.  My friends from Friday were there and I saw a few other people that I said hi to, but that was it.  I mean, I didn't have a huge group of friends in high school and I had no idea who would be there so I'm not too surprised that there wasn't that many people.  The food was very underwhelming, but the place was decorated nicely.  One guy got up and did a little quiz of things from 2004 (top artist, album, how much did gas cost, etc.) which was fun.  Dancing didn't start until about 2 hours in and even then, not many people danced.  My friend Stephanie requested the cha-cha slide which none of us wanted her to do, but it ended up bringing out more people to dance.  Scott had a blast with dancing and everybody enjoyed it.  We left about 15 minutes before it ended and I saw on Facebook later that night a group picture that was taken!  I just think it's silly to take a picture at the end as people might leave early, so why not take one during the middle where most everyone is in attendance. All in all, it was a good time and I'm glad I decided to go.
Maria, me, Sarah. We all played in orchestra together.
Our table!

No comments:

Post a Comment