Thursday, September 25, 2014

Missouri Vacation Days 4-6

Sunday was a good day of relaxing and lots of game playing.  We ate another delicious breakfast and hung around until it was time to leave for kickball.  Dad and Roberta play on a kickball team which I think is so fun! I've never heard of kickball leagues before, but it's awesome that they exist. Their team needed a substitute, so Scott filled in and played.  They played two games back to back and it was fun to watch.  Kylie enjoyed watching the ball fly through the air. 
After kickball, Kylie and I went down for a nap and then we had a yummy steak dinner with veggies straight from their garden.  The rest of the evening was spent playing lots of different games.  We played Bounce Off (with ping pong balls), The Amazing Labyrinth, Smart A$$, Parcheesi and Canasta.  We love playing games when we come to visit.  When Scott and I went to bed, we discovered that Kylie had thrown up! She was asleep, but poor girl threw up quite a bit.  We're not exactly sure why she threw up, but it was so sad to see.  We stripped her pack n play and she went right back to sleep. 

We were a little tired Monday morning and slept in until 9:30am.  I gave Kylie a bath and started washing the crib sheets and blankets.  My dad was taking a half day off work, so he was getting done around 11:30am.  By the time we woke up and got ready for the day, it was about 11 and we were ready for some food.  My dad had mentioned a bakery the day before which I thought was close by, so we decided to walk there.  I texted my dad to let him know in case he came back before us.  Well, I guess we turned down the wrong street and my dad drove by and picked us up!  Apparently the bakery was a 2-mile walk (one way) so we were lucky my dad saw us.  For some reason, the bakery was closed and we just went and had pizza for lunch instead.  After lunch, Kylie needed a nap and she took a long one!  It was really good as she was going to be up late at the baseball game.  During her nap, we played some games again.  We played Bounce Off and Harry Potter Clue, which was so much fun.  Since Kylie's nap took so long, we weren't able to go out and do anything before dinner and the game.  We ate dinner and Kylie was a little fussy through dinner.  She didn't want to eat her dinner because all she wanted was fries off of grandpa's plate.  What a silly goose.

It was a little chilly at the Royal's game and I am glad that dad and Roberta were smart and brought blankets.  Kylie did wonderful through the whole game.  She loved hearing people yell and had fun playing with the girls sitting behind us.  My dad and Roberta made a sign saying it was Kylie's first time to a game and we got on the big screen twice!!  I tried to take a picture, but the screen is so bright it just didn't work.  Kylie was famous after that.  The mascot slugger was close to our area giving away t-shirts so Scott and I ran out to see if we could get a picture with him.  We saw him and then he hopped on the elevator.  I decided we should go downstairs just to see if we could catch him, but we never saw him again.  A couple did recognize Kylie from the big screen though, so that was fun.  I also went and got Kylie a certificate for her first game.  The actual baseball game was a little uneventful for the first 7 innings and the Royal's were trailing 2-3 by the 8th inning.  Then, a double run happened and they replaced the player on second with a faster runner.  He stole third and then a wild pitch was thrown so he ran home!  The next player got someone on second again and he was also switched out for a faster runner.  The batter then hit a ball where the guy on second was able to run home! The game was over and the Royals' won!!  It was such an exciting ending and my voice got a little sore from shouting so much.  The game was a great way to end the vacation.
We won!!
All that cheering tuckered Kylie out.
We left early Tuesday morning.  We woke up at 5:15am and left for the airport by 5:30am as our flight was at 7:20am.  The security guards were on edge or something and would freak out if we forgot to put something on the security belt.  Scott also got pulled for a security check again (he got randomly checked on the way out to Missouri) which is just ridiculous.  The flight to Denver was fine and Kylie took a little nap.  The guy flight attendant was pretty funny which helped me be less grumpy from being tired.  We got to Denver a 1/2 hour early so we had a 2-hour layover.  We got some breakfast and then had a hard time keeping Kylie happy.  She was still tired so anytime we didn't let her do something, she threw a little fit.  Once we got on the plane, she cried for a bit and calmed down once I put Frozen on.  We took the trax and got home around 2:30pm.  It was so nice to be home and I don't think I'll book an early flight again.  It sure takes a lot out of you!
Kylie loved the moving walkway at the Denver airport.
Good vacations wear you out.
The vacation was really nice.  My main goal was to see my friends and go to my high school reunion.  I did that, so whatever else we did was extra and great.  I usually care about making my vacations filled with activities, but I was actually fine this time to take it easy. I did what I wanted to do and I was satisfied.  Kylie had a great time with her grandparents and we'll definitely make sure we visit Missouri as often as we can.  Thanks dad and Roberta for letting us stay with you!

1 comment:

  1. That last picture of you and Kylie sleeping is cute! Sounds like it was a busy vacation, but fun!

    ReplyDelete