Sunday, September 21, 2014

Catching Up

Okay, so it has been a bit since I've written a blog post.  The week after the last post was busy as we were preparing to leave on vacation to Missouri.  I don't think I stuck to my schedule at all as I was busy cleaning the house, washing clothes and packing for our trip.  I am ready to get back into the schedule this week though as having a routine is just really nice.

I was able to make it to the story time at the library last Wednesday which was okay.  I went to the park early to run and then let Kylie play at the park before we needed to head in.  Well, she did not want to sit still after being able to run around outside. Luckily, reading stories and singing songs is not very long and she had fun during play time.  There were a lot of kids there, but Kylie did great playing with them.  I will make sure to either give Kylie enough time to play at the park beforehand or just do it after.
 
Thursday, we did our service day and went down to help Kyle finish moving all the boxes out of their apartment.  We're storing a few things for them and then a few things are being stored at grandma's. Kyle and Brianna have moved to California and are living with Kyle's parents while he goes to school.  We will miss them a lot and hope they don't have too much fun down in California. ;)  I know that they'll be up to visit and I'm sure we'll visit them whenever we head down there as well.

I don't know if shopping counts as somewhere fun for Kylie, but I enjoyed it.  We headed to Jo-Ann's fabrics on Friday and I got material to make a Frozen Elsa dress for Halloween (since this girl is so obsessed with the movie).  I'm sure I could find an already made one for a little bit cheaper, but I want to keep up my sewing skills.  I'm excited to make it and I hope it turns out!

Other random tidbits: Kylie has a chore around the house now and it is helping me do laundry! When laundry is done, she removes the clothes from the washer or dryer.  Of course I help a little bit, but she actually enjoys pulling the clothes out.  Sometimes it takes a little bit of coaxing and other times none at all.
Scott will be moving to day shifts in a week!  Although he will get paid a little less, we both think that him switching will be very beneficial.  The days will be long, but at least we only have to count on those days of him working instead of taking into account the next day (even if he doesn't work).  His sleep schedule will become normal again and it will be really good for Scott to get more than 4 hours of sleep.  Scott worked a day shift just a few days ago and Kylie and I did pretty good.  We were out shopping which took up a lot of the afternoon, so I just need to make sure to keep ourselves busy on the days he does work.  It will also be nice for when Scott does start going to school again as he will be on a regular sleep schedule.  I don't know if he would be able to keep up with school doing even one night shift a week.  Scott is a little bummed that he won't really see Kylie on the days that he does work, but he'll be able to make up for it the days he has off, as now it will be the whole day and not just a partial day off.

We came back from Missouri last Tuesday and had so much fun! I can't wait to write a blog post about it.  It was so, so good to see my friends from high school and wonderful for Kylie to spend time with her grandparents.  I am excited that fall is pretty much here as I have some fun things I want to do and good memories to make.  Before I know it, the major holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas) will be here and I want to start taking advantage and making some traditions.

And to end this blog on a happy note, here is a cute picture of Kylie licking whipped cream off the beaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment