Friday, September 5, 2014

New Weekly Schedule

I mentioned in my August monthly goals post that I was doing something a little different in September.  I want to make sure that I don't start to get lazy in being at home.  It is so easy to just turn the TV on and watch it for most of the day.  I want to start doing more activities with Kylie whether at home or outside.  I decided to dedicate each day to a certain activity.  Monday is a new toddler activity that we haven't done before, Tuesday is a day to bake or cook something new, Wednesday is a trip to the library (baby and me story time), Thursday is a day to do some sort of service (having a little trouble thinking of some things to do w/ Kylie) and Friday is a day to go somewhere fun.  The first week was successful and I think implementing this is going to be really good for us.  I'm excited that fall is coming up because there are a lot of fun activities to do.

For this week, Monday's toddler activity was making pyramids out of plastic cups.  Although Kylie can't really build the pyramid, she sure knows how to knock it down!  Scott said that this was his favorite activity when he was growing up.  There's a picture with him and a tower of cups 10 feet high.  The activities I have are nothing extravagant, it's just making sure I'm giving Kylie a variety of activities to do.
I originally had Tuesday as the trip to the library, but when we went I found out that the baby and me story times are Wednesday and Thursday mornings.  I'm planning on going to both as much as I can, but Wednesday will be the day to make sure I go. The story times were on hold during the summer, so I am glad that they are back as Kylie will really enjoy going.  The library trips will be nice as I won't have to keep reading the same stories over and over.

Now Kylie can't really help me in the kitchen, so the bake/cook something new on Wednesday is for me.  Kylie just had to be held the other day while making pesto sauce so I was explaining everything I was doing while holding her.  Sometimes I secretly wish she was older so she could help me in the kitchen. :)  It was my mom's birthday on Wednesday, so I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.  I had leftover cookie dough from the brownie bombs, so it made sense to make them.  I also had leftover melted chocolate that I drizzled on top.  I ran out of paper liners for the large cupcakes, so made a batch of mini ones (sans the cookie dough) and sent them to work with Scott.  Both batches were a huge hit! 

Thursday is service day and like I said, I'm having a hard time thinking of acts of service to do with Kylie.  The only ones I can think of are to deliver treats to neighbors or write a letter/note and mail to someone.  This week, I sent a book (I found for free in a cereal box) and note to Andrew, Rebecca and the kids.  Honestly, I still have some hard feelings from how they handled moving to Colorado.  We got left in the dust without any sign of being missed by them. Despite what they think, I need to be the bigger person and sending this little note will hopefully help lessen my negative feelings.  It's been said that when you are feeling angry or sad that doing service will make you happy.

Today, we had a McDonald's lunch date with Nadine.  There's a fun play place at the one by Brita's and Kylie had fun eating chicken nuggets and running around.  There was a small dog there and Kylie could not stop staring at it.  She has a little hesitation around dogs, but she was able to get close and pet it while sitting on my lap.  One of her tricks goes like this: "Kylie, what does a doggy say?" "Woof!"  It is the most adorable thing.  I also found out that there was an ice cream social with our ward tonight, so Kylie and I walked there and it was good to go.  Someone brought delicious homemade peach ice cream and Kylie was satisfied just playing in the bark at the playground.
I don't plan anything for Saturday and Sunday as those are just free days to do whatever we'd like.  This past Sunday, we helped Nadine watch Brita's kids as she had her baby on Saturday.  Brita was coming home Sunday night so we were able to hold and meet baby Charlotte.  She is so cute and totally made me want to have another baby. :)
Now here are some more cute pictures of Kylie throughout this week.  I think I'm going to update every Friday on how the week went and any other random things (which will probably be mostly about Kylie).
She loved this desk so much...so we got it! We're saving it for a Christmas gift though.
I know this picture is super blurry, but this is what it's like to take pictures of an active child.
Love everything about this picture. The sitting sideways, the peach and the one sock.
Rock on, baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. It might help to know that we to have been struggling with hard feelings on our end as well. McKown's really stink at communicating. I guess both sides had expectations and failed to express them in a manner that could be understood. I wish we could help more as nothing we did was intended. But I can't fix something I have no idea about.

    ReplyDelete