Thursday, September 25, 2014

Missouri Vacation Days 1-2

We left for Missouri on September 11th for a super fun vacation.  My 10-year high school reunion was that weekend and our main reason for going out.  It was also a great opportunity for Kylie to spend time with Grandpa Jack and Grandma Roberta.  When looking up flights a few months ago, I wanted to make sure that we flew later in the day as Scott was working the night before and needed time to sleep.  We left about 2 our house to grab some lunch and then headed to the trax by the hospital.  It took about an hour for us to get to the airport and once we got there, Scott asked about having the car seat.  I, of course, started freaking out as we can't go anywhere with Kylie without a car seat!  I texted my dad and told him that I forgot it and he said that he would go out and buy one.  Whew! One crisis averted. It was actually nice to not have to drag the car seat around with us and I was wondering why traveling to the airport seemed so easy. Haha. My dad wanted me to bring out some home-made jam for him and I wanted to make sure that the jar didn't break, so I decided to put it in a carry-on bag. Doh! No liquids over 3 oz in a carry-on bag, so my delicious full jar of jam got thrown away. :( I started getting upset and frustrated with myself as I felt like I was making so many mistakes before our vacation even started! I get a little too hard on myself when things don't go right and it's my fault.  Kylie did have fun checking in though.  This girl has fun no matter where she is.
Having fun on the trax on the way to the airport!
Getting herself stuck in the luggage carts.
Riding the security belt.
On her very first airplane ride!
Our flight had a layover in Denver and we heard that there might be a delay as it was snowing in Colorado! It's early September, it can't be snowing already! We boarded on time, but our flight from Denver to Kansas City was delayed by 20 minutes.  Kylie did great on the flight and watched Frozen (which really helped as all she wanted to do was walk around).  We grabbed dinner in Denver, realized that we should get going and discovered we were one of the last ones to board.  Oops!  It was cold in Colorado which was unexpected.  Luckily we had all brought jackets and had them on hand.  Kylie fell asleep the flight to Kansas City while Scott and I paid to watch TV (Scott wanted to watch the BYU game).  We got in about 11:30pm, got settled in quickly at my dad's house and went to bed.

Friday was a chill day during the morning and afternoon.  Dad and Roberta had to work so we slept in and relaxed until my dad came home from work.  When my dad got home, we went out to eat.  After going out to eat Scott, Kylie and I headed to hang out with my high school friends (Maria, Arian, Stephanie, Amy and Lindsay).  We met up at Maria's parents house and it was just like old times! We went to her house a lot in high school so it worked out great.  Arian and Stephanie's husbands came as well as Lindsay's brother Andrew.  It was great to have those who could, bring their kids and see them play with each other while we all sat around talking.  It was fun to catch up on what is going on recently and then reminisce on the past.  I truly enjoyed having such a good group of friends during high school and feel blessed to still call them my friends.  I've seen them each individually here and there since high school, but it's been 10 years since everyone has been in the same room.  Who knows if this will ever happen again as I probably won't go to any other reunion (if there's one even put on).  Depending on location and what is going on in our life, I would definitely be willing to meet up again.  Maria's parents have two dogs (who actually have the same names as their old dogs who passed away) and Kylie really warmed up to them.  She's been having some aversion to dogs lately, so it was nice to see her really want to interact with them.  Hopefully it will help with any other dogs she sees in the future.  We stayed at Maria's house until about 10:00-10:30pm, so it was a late night, but so worth it.
Sitting around the table talking.
L-R: Lindsay, Andrew (Lindsay's brother), Arian, me, Maria, Stephanie.
L-R: Me, Arian, Maria, Stephanie, Lindsay, Amy
Only me, Arian and Maria were doing a funny pose.
Laughing after realizing we were the only ones who did it.
Stephanie laughed so hard that she cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment