Saturday, June 6, 2015

21 Weeks

I remember with Kylie, I found this survey that asked questions about my pregnancy and I answered it every couple of weeks.  I want to do at least a few of them before this new baby arrives.  I also did take a 20-week picture, but it got saved to my camera (not the memory card) and I'm too lazy to go find the cord to plug it into the computer to take it off. So, there ya go.

There have been some changes that I've noticed between this pregnancy and last and I'll share a few of those first before I do the questionnaire.
  • I have been a little bit more tired this pregnancy than I was with the last one, but it could be the same and I just can't remember.
  • This baby is sitting lower than Kylie, meaning that I have to go to the bathroom a lot more and standing up after sitting down can be uncomfortable.
  • My stomach got bigger more quickly than with Kylie.  It was difficult early on to find things to wear as the maternity clothes I had from Kylie didn't fit yet, since I wore them later on in pregnancy.  I was so sad that my jeans started to stop fitting pretty early on and I didn't want to wear my maternity shorts or capris because it was still cold outside.  It was definitely a dilemma I didn't like having.
  •  Since I had no idea what a moving baby was supposed to feel like the first time around, I felt this baby move a lot earlier.  I thought I felt him moving around 15-weeks and when I told the doctor, he said that you can notice baby's movement a lot earlier in subsequent pregnancies since you know what you're looking for.
  • Of course, I was more sick the first trimester of this pregnancy than the last. I do have to say that I am grateful that I was not teaching at this time because I'm pretty sure that taking a month off work would have been impossible. Staying home does have its benefits at times.
  • I feel like I've had cravings more than with Kylie, but nothing weird or consistent.  Like, I don't want donuts or Cafe Rio all of the time, but there are sometimes where I just want something specific.
  • It is harder to be pregnant when you already have kids.  You can't sit around all day (though I still do that some days) or take a nap whenever you feel tired. It's just a lot different when you have someone else to look after besides you.
  • I feel like I've been a bit more emotional this pregnancy, although this could be another thing that's the same as before and I can't remember.  I have noticed that things in a movie or on TV make me cry more than usual.
That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I'll find out more the further along my pregnancy gets.  Here's the questionnaire for week-21.

How far along?: 21 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss?: I think I've gained around 10-12 lbs.
Maternity clothes?: Yes, that is all I can wear now.  Well, I'll wear a few non-maternity shirts, but I'm sure I'm just stretching those out.
Stretch marks?: Scott said he noticed some a few days ago, but I sure hope they don't show up.  I loved not getting any on my stomach with Kylie.  I did get some on my legs and bum.
Sleep?: Some nights I have insomnia and will wake up at 3am and can't go back to sleep and other nights, I can't get enough sleep.
Missing anything?: I'm missing the ability to hold my bladder for longer periods of time.
Movement?: Yes! This boy does move around a lot, but it is further down and so that feels a little strange.  He also doesn't kick (yet), just rolls around.
Food cravings?: Depends on the day.  I like my sweets, but give me some chips and dip and I'll eat the whole bag.
Anything making you queasy or sick?: Only when I go too long between eating.
Have you started to show yet?: I'm going to say yes.
Gender: Baby Boy!!
Labor signs: No way! 
Belly button in or out: Still an innie.
Wedding ring on or off: On 
Happy or moody most of the time: A little moody when I'm tired, but I'm pretty happy. :) 
Looking forward to: The California trip we have planned in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment