Saturday, June 6, 2015

It's A....

Can you believe it?!  I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we are having a boy.  I have gotten accustomed to all things girl that I'm afraid I won't know how to raise a boy.  That sounds silly, I know, but I do have my fears on not understanding the male brain, so I told Scott that he is in charge of all things boy.  :)

Scott and I both think that it is so awesome that we are going to have one of each gender.  Scott loves the idea that he will have someone to carry on the family name and I love that it takes the pressure off any future children we might have.

 We do have a name in mind that we liked from when I was first pregnant and didn't know if it was a boy or a girl.  I think I'll wait until time gets closer to share it on here, though.  Scott especially likes it because it has a nickname that can be used and he likes the idea of nicknames (probably because he's had quite a few himself).

The ultrasound went great and he was not shy about showing off that he is a boy.  We got some cute pictures of him, including this awesome profile shot that shows his legs above his head!  It's amazing how flexible babies have to be to fit inside a mother's body.  I actually used that ultrasound picture to announce the gender through facebook (to family) and text.  Scott likes calling people, but I like to send out texts because I can send a picture with it.  I made cupcakes earlier that day and decorated half with blue and half with pink frosting to take over to the Peirce's house.  They watched Kylie while we went to the doctor.  I know that Brita and my dad were pretty set on this baby being a boy, but I'm not sure who else had a thought to what this baby might be.

Even though we would have been happy with having a boy or a girl, it still is pretty exciting to have a boy (like I said before).  I do feel bad that there are some things that we didn't buy gender neutral that the poor boy will have to endure--like the car seat, stroller and bouncer.  I do need to start making a list of things that we need to get that are boy related--like blankets, bibs, clothes, etc.

Your family can't wait to meet you in a few months, little man.  We are super excited.

Sorry, it's sideways. It shows up normal outside the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment