Friday, June 26, 2015

Father's Day

I think that father's day turned out well this year.  Scott worked a night shift (he switched so he could study for his final) and so he wasn't able to go to church in the morning and I was too late on getting him a piece of pie they give to all the guys.  Since Scott was coming home in the morning, I made a breakfast of pancakes and eggs for him, but he got home quite late and was too tired to eat.  I cleaned up and got his father's day gift together before church since I figured he'd be awake when we got home.  Last year, I gave Scott a daddy t-shirt and then we had a steak dinner.  This year, I got Scott a tie and a few treats.  I was going to have Kylie do a picture with a hand print, but I just didn't get around to it.  I'm not going to lie, crafts for mother's day are a lot more cute than the ones for father's day.  Because of that, I didn't send off one to my dad or father-in-law and I do feel a little bad about that.  I'll make up for it next year when Kylie is a little bit older.

I gave Scott his gift and we tried to get Kylie to do the actions to the "I'm so glad when daddy comes home" song.  I wanted to record her doing the actions earlier, but it's hard to catch her doing anything on camera and she just stops what she's doing and stares at the camera.  I did get her doing the actions later and put a video up on facebook.  We had a dinner of tri-tip steak, baked potatoes, zucchini & carrots and rolls.  It was a delicious dinner!  Scott kept saying how good the meat was and I was glad he enjoyed it.  I don't buy much other meat besides ground beef and chicken, so it's a treat when I do. 

Scott has exceeded my expectations (whatever those were) on being a father.  He doesn't really complain at all when it comes to taking care of Kylie.  I don't have to yell at him to change a diaper (especially a stinky one), he's more than willing to put her to bed and he doesn't get upset if I'm tired and just need a break.  There are times where we're not on the same page, but we quickly talk about it and figure out what to do.  I'm sure that there will be struggles when this second baby comes because Scott will be in school and just having to adjust to two kids, but I know that he'll do whatever he can to help out.  That's just the type of guy he is and I lucked out in getting him as a husband and Kylie and baby boy lucked out in getting him as a dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment