Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wednesday Weekly Recap

Last week, we spent a few days inside the house, but they were productive days so I feel okay about it.  Scott worked on Monday and Kylie and I played at home.  We actually played with a lot of her toys, read books and learned some new words!!  Kylie can pick up on things so fast and I think it's good to spend a day or two just really watching her learn.  She is doing really well putting puzzles together and is getting good at tossing a ball.  Before, her toss was just handing it to you, but now it's actually leaving her hand.  It is cute to see her playing with her kitchen more as well.  I gave Kylie a little cup full of grapes that she spilled on the floor.  I told her to pick them up and left the room for a minute.  I came back and they were off the floor and I figured she either ate them or put them back in the cup.  Later, I noticed that she had stored them inside a door in her play kitchen!! Haha, it made me laugh so hard.  As for words, she doesn't form sentences yet, but is repeating words quite a bit.  Scott and I are trying to be a lot better about having her tell us what she wants instead of us just giving it to her when she points.  One day last week, I was teaching Kylie the words "brush" and "teeth" and she repeated them about 3 times and we left it at that.  Later that night Scott was getting Kylie ready for bed and he told me that Kylie told him she wanted to "brush teeth"!  He was so shocked as well as I was because it was such a short time I went over those words.  We are definitely working on getting her to talk more because we know she can do it.

Tuesday, Kylie and I headed to the library to return books and get some new ones, but Kylie was not interested in looking for new books.  So, we went straight to the park to play.  It was hot that day (as it has been the last few weeks), so all she was interested in was swinging on the swings.  We didn't spend too long there as it was hot and it was dinner time.  Before we went to the park, I had Scott blow up the inflatable pool I bought last year for $3 off a yard sale site.  We set it up in the shade of a tree in our backyard and Kylie had fun playing in it.  From the couple of times we've gone to the splash park, I've realized that Kylie would rather sit in water than run through it.  I love the pool because it's small and Kylie loves it.
Wednesday was spent cleaning the house (mopping, vacuuming, bathrooms, etc.) and so not a lot else happened.  Scott did play soccer that night and forgot some clothes (he went straight from work), so Kylie and I went and took him some and watched him play.  Well, sort of.  Kylie likes to run around and stop occasionally to see where Scott and the ball is.  Thursday, for a treat I had Kylie make breakfast!  We had french toast and she mixed the egg mixture all by herself.  She also started taking bites out the bread before dipping which made me laugh.  Along with the toast, we had peaches and whipped cream and guess what Kylie wanted more of (it was the whipped cream).
Later that night, we headed to a Bee's baseball game!!  My mom came with us and it was fun!  We were afraid it was going to be super hot, but we sat in the shade and it was actually pretty comfortable.  The Bee's started out horrible (it was 10-0 at one point), but then rallied back with 6 runs in one inning.  Then, they allowed the other team to pull ahead some more (last I remember was 14-6). I don't know the final score as we left early since it was already 10:00pm and the 8th inning hadn't started yet, but I'm pretty sure they lost.  My mom took Kylie to go on this little train ride and run around a bit.  Scott also found the Bee mascot and Kylie did not like him! I didn't see it in person, but the pictures sure show how much she hated him.  She didn't like the Grizzlies hockey mascot either.  That evening had all the 3 good's: food, fun and company.
Friday was spent doing 5 loads of laundry all day and just hanging out together.  Saturday night, we headed over to our friends house for our monthly dinner.  Our friends James & Nichole have a pool and it just made sense to have dinner there!  Kylie had fun swimming, but was clinging onto Scott for dear life.  I think I might need to buy some floaties for her.  We had a yummy dinner and I was in charge of dessert.  It could have been the pregnancy talking, but I found this recipe and just had to make it.  Everyone couldn't believe how grilling a doughnut made it so delicious!!  We tried glazed doughnuts and I would assume they would work the best because it's the glaze on top that caramelizes from the heat.  The strawberries and whipped cream just topped it off.  It seriously was so good and such a fun, new and different thing to try.  There were fireworks that night, but we left before they went off as it was bedtime for Kylie and Scott worked a night shift the night before.  We saw them going off as we drove away and Kylie kept saying "wow" as she saw them go off.  I look forward to our monthly dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment