Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wednesday Weekly Recap

This recap is also from 2 weeks ago.  This last week I was in a funk and we stayed home pretty much all week.  For some reason, it was hard for me to find motivation to do anything so we chilled at home quite a bit.  Maybe it's because the week before was more busy, I don't know, but I couldn't believe how lazy I was.  Relaxing for a day or two is fine, but a whole week is a little much.

Monday, the 13th was a busy day.  It started out with a doctor's appointment.  Technically, it was an ultrasound appointment to check some things on the placenta and the baby's kidneys.  After that, I stayed at Brita's while Scott drove down to American Fork for another dentist appointment.  Brita's kids had some friends over and Kylie loved hanging out with so many people.  She actually took a quick nap upstairs while everyone was playing downstairs.  After Scott got back, we headed home for a few hours until it was time to head to Daybreak Lake.  We met up with Brita and her friend Pam there, who had kayaks to be used.  We had dinner and watched Kylie play.  It was a good preview for how much she'll love the beach when we head out to California.  Scott headed to his soccer game while the rest of us went to Pam's to roast some s'mores.  It was a fun evening.
Tuesday, Scott was at work and I spent most of the day getting the house cleaned and ready for Becky, who was coming into town the next day.  I found out that at Chick-fil-a, you could get a free meal for dressing like a cow.  So, I cut out a few spots to tape onto me and Kylie and we headed to Chick-fil-a for our free meal!  The plan was to stay inside and eat so Kylie could play at the play place, but we went during lunch so it was busy.  The place did really well for moving fast and we got our food pretty quickly.  It was fun to get out and do that!  Later that night, I made lasagna cups for dinner and Kylie helped put them together.  Granted, she ate more cheese than she sprinkled on, but it was cute to see her help.
Wednesday was spent cleaning the house a little more and then heading to a BBQ with people from Scott's nurse practitioner program that evening.  We dropped Kylie off at Brita's, where Becky was, and headed to the BBQ.  It was fun to meet the people who Scott will be with the next two years. 
Thursday was a crazy day.  Scott and Becky started the day by priming the baby's room.  While they were doing that, I figured I'd take Kylie to the park.  While backing the car out of the garage, I completely spaced that Becky had parked in the driveway and ran into the side of her car.  I was so embarrassed and couldn't believe that it happened.  Luckily the damage wasn't extreme and Becky was really nice about it.  Scott had another dentist appointment later in the afternoon and then we headed to Brita's to hang out and play games.

Friday, Becky spent the day with Brita while we spent the day at home.  That evening, my mom came over to baby-sit Kylie while Scott and I went to see a movie for his birthday.  We saw Jurassic World and it was actually a really good, fun movie!  We got some frozen yogurt afterwards and went on a little walk.  It was nice to have a date night.

Saturday was another busy day.  I spent the morning making the ice cream batter and cake for Scott's birthday.  Then while Scott was painting the baby's room, I headed to the zoo with Brita and everyone else.  Their passes are able to get guests in for free so it was nice not to have to pay for just a few hours at the zoo.  That night, we headed to Brita's for a night of game playing as that's something Scott wanted for his birthday.  We played Clue: Museum Caper, Settlers of Catan and Bang.  We were there until after midnight.
Sunday was Scott's birthday!  We went to church and had a dinner of ribs, baked potatoes and veggies.  That night, we had people over for some cake and ice cream!  We had a full house and it was great to chat with everyone.  I made homemade raspberry ice cream and it was delicious, but it didn't harden up quite as much as I wanted, so it was a little melted.  I hope Scott knows how loved he is by everyone in his life.  I hope he knows how much Kylie loves him as her daddy.  I hope he knows how much I love him as his best friend and wife.  I loved celebrating this birthday with him and I can't wait to keep celebrating more!

No comments:

Post a Comment