Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wednesday Weekly Recap

Monday, I went to a doctor's appointment. I had to take the glucose test and the drink really wasn't as awful as people make it out to be.  They never called me, which means my results are normal and I don't have gestational diabetes.  The visit with the doctor was short as everything is going well, but he did surprise me when he said he would see me in a month and then the time in between visits will become shorter. Say that again?  Hearing that sure made me think of how quickly this pregnancy is going.  I am due in October, but it's the beginning so there's only about 3 months left! Ah!  This summer is flying by and the faster the summer goes, the sooner it is to meet our baby boy!  I need to stop talking about this and it is just too crazy to think about.  I dropped Kylie off at Brita's while I went to the appointment and she had fun, as always.  It's been nice to have Brita live so close to be able to not worry about taking Kylie to my doctor appointments.

Tuesday, not much happened except playing at the park with Kylie.  She loves the park now.  Every time we get in the car, she immediately says "park" and points exactly to where the two parks near our house are.  The hot weather during the day does make it hard to want to go outside, so we'll spend a little time in the afternoon and then longer in the evening when it's cooler.  She is getting so good at climbing the steps to the slides.
Wednesday, I can't really remember what happened, but we did go and "watch" Scott play soccer.  I put watch in quotes as Kylie just runs around the whole time, so I don't really get to see the game.  She'll stop occasionally and point to the ball or to try to see daddy, but for the most part she just runs in circles.  I guess I forgot to write down what we did Thursday as again, I can't remember what happened.  This baby is seriously taking up all of my brain cells.

Friday was a busy, but fun day.  We started out the day by shopping at the D.I. and we found this wood letter to hang in the nursery and an amazing golf bag (it was brand new with tags and worth at least $100 and we got it for $6) for Lane.  After that, we headed down to Orem to see the "candy bomber" Gail Halvorsen.  We met up with Brita and the event was fine, but it was definitely a little disorganized.  There needed to be an area clear for him to drop the candy, but no one exactly knew where that area was.  He also did a test drop (which no one really knew about) and so when people started running to get the candy, he wasn't able to drop the rest of the candy with everyone running around.  It was a little windy too, so I guess homes close by got the parachutes in their backyard!  It was hot and crowded, but Kylie had fun playing with her cousins.
After that, we hung out with our friends Bryan and Natalie.  We talked, had pizza and played Wii games.  I'm pretty sure we always play some type of game when we get together with them.  It had been a while since we'd seen them, so it was fun.  Saturday was 4th of July and that's all in a separate post.  The week was slower in the beginning and then became busy at the end.  I know I'm not doing an amazing job at keeping with the schedule I wanted to do at the beginning of the summer.  I know I have days that are lazy and days that are busy; there isn't really a consistent schedule yet.  Oh well, as long as something happens each day, it's a success in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment