Monday, June 15, 2015

Summer Schedule

I decided at the end of last year that I wouldn't keep up with the monthly goals at the start of the new year. It was to my disadvantage to mot continue with those goals. Looking back at the past year on the blog, I've realized how more organized I was in doing activities in the house and outside the house. Since I am feeling much better and not throwing up every day, I've decided that I need to organize this summer. This is the last summer I'll have with just Kylie (which is so crazy to think). I've found inspiration from various blogs about making a weekly schedule where every day stands for something. I've adapted it to fit with what Kylie is able to do and I think it will be good for us to have that schedule set up.

Monday is make something Monday and we'll do some type of art and craft. I haven't done very many arts and crafts with her and I need to start doing some. It can be difficult because she still puts things in her mouth. We had these twistable crayons in her desk and she twisted the inside out and ate like half the crayons. So, coloring is something we're working on. We weren't able to get to our craft on Monday, but we were able to get it done on Wednesday. I had Kylie do a little bit of potato stamping and she wasn't interested in it for very long, which I'm not too surprised about since I don't do these type of things often with her. However, I think that if I keep it up weekly, she'll start to become more interested in doing art.
Tuesday is take a trip to the library day. Her story time doesn't happen during the summer, so unless I dedicate a day to go, we probably wouldn't go anymore. Also, the library we go to has a giant park that she likes to play at, so it's a go to the library and play at the park kind of day. Maybe one of these days, we'll have a picnic at the park. We weren't able to go to the library this week, but that's okay because we had a play date with my friend Teresa's boys. I'm glad that she brought up getting together as it had been a while since we'd seen each other. Also, it is nice as a stay at home mom to say I've got a play date. I haven't really had one since Kylie was born.

Wednesday will be wet and wild Wednesday which means we'll go to the splash park. There's a new one that got built last year and we went to it for Kylie's first birthday, but that was about it. Instead of going on Wednesday, we went on Friday with Teresa and her boys.  Kylie had fun, but got cold and so we went and played at the playground to warm up.  I think she'll love going there each week.

Thursday is make a treat day and we didn't get to doing that last week.  I have some fun treats planned so I'm excited to make them.  Friday will be a day to go somewhere fun.  Even though Scott won't be in school for most the summer and working, we still want to save our money so I've been thinking of places to go that are free.  I'm thinking of going somewhere that does cost money once a month, though.  Saturday will also be a day to go somewhere fun also so that Scott can come with us.  Last Friday we went to the splash park and then to my grandma's where I made a flag decoration for my door with my mom.  It was a busy, but good day.  Saturday we went shopping at the mall and then took a treat to Scott while he was at work.  Kylie was super excited to see him that she sprinted towards him and gave him a huge hug.  It was the cutest thing ever.
So even though things didn't happen on the day they were supposed to, I feel like it was a productive week and I'm ready to start feeling that way again.  I do know that besides all these fun activities, we've got to get a baby room together before Scott starts school again.  You know, since the baby will be here in like 3 1/2 months, I guess we should start getting things together.  Anyway, bring on summer because I am ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment