Monday, December 7, 2015

Missouri Vacation Day 3

Friday was an up and down day. Andrew and his family wanted to go the Harry Truman museum, so they did that while the rest of us headed to Union Station. Aaron had come into town late Thursday night, so he was with us. Union Station used to be a train station and we spent some time looking at a small train display that was there. Kylie was semi-interested in the trains. After that it was time for lunch and we just ate at the small restaurant that's inside the station. The service was a little slow which made it difficult to keep Kylie happy as she was hungry. It was amazing the difference in her attitude once she got food in her tummy. After that we went to the science museum, Science City, that's inside Union Station. This is where the down part of the day happened. The museum is very fun and interactive. Most museums are still a little over Kylie's head in activities, but this one had quite a bit for her to participate in. I was so excited for her to check everything out. She did well for the first part of the museum, but when we got to the space shuttle portion, she had her meltdown. There was an activity she wanted to keep doing, but there were other people coming to check it out. I tried to talk to her about taking a turn and then being able to do it again, but she wasn't having it and started crying. She started to become inconsolable and I sat and held her on a bench for at least 10 minutes. I know it wasn't less time than that. It was hard to just sit there while she was screaming her head off in a public place. Besides a bathroom, there wasn't a quite corner to go sit in while she calmed down. It was past her nap time, but I think that just being on vacation and always on the go caught up to her. Once she calmed down, I just let her wander around and check out whatever area of the museum she wanted.
She loved these play dinosaurs.
After the museum, we headed back to my dad's house. We didn't even get out of the parking lot before Kylie fell asleep. The museum is another place that if I lived near, I would get passes to and visit often. It really is a fun museum. Once home, we all hung out and waited for Roberta to bring home barbecue for dinner! Kansas City bbq just can't be beat and it was delicious. Again, we played games until it was time to go back to the other house and go to bed.
Now, I can't remember which night it happened, but in talking with Brianna and Kyle, we decided to try having Kylie sleep in their room. When Jordan would wake up in the middle of the night to eat, I would stay up and have to pump. I would need to turn on a light to see and it was just bright enough that it would wake Kylie up and she would stay up until I was done. So if she slept in Kyle and Brianna's room, she wouldn't have that middle of the night disruption. It seemed to work the rest of the vacation and I was so thankful for it as Kylie seemed to do better throughout the days. I was also able to get better sleep with only having one kid in bed with me instead of two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment