Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Missouri Vacation Day 4

Saturday was an active, busy day. The morning started off with playing a kickball game at the park. Everyone walked to the park and Sharlynne was kind enough to play with Kylie at the park while I played kickball. It was nice not to have to worry about Kylie being in the way and possibly getting hurt by someone. It was fun to be outside and get a little exercise in.
Kylie wanted to hold my hand on the way over to dad's house. Melt my heart!
After kickball, we all had lunch and then played games and relaxed until it was time for the football game! Kyle, Brianna and I also went to Dick's Sporting Goods and purchased our Kansas City Royal's World Series t-shirts. They had quite a selection and it was amusing to me to see that there were still quite a few people buying those shirts. My aunt Kathy helped Roberta watch the littlest kids while the rest of us went to the game. I wasn't able to spend a lot of time talking to Kathy which was a bummer, so hopefully next time I'll be able to converse with her more.

The football game was a blast! There was a decent number of BYU fans there, but we weren't in the section that had the majority of them. We had excellent seats near the 30-yard line and about 28 rows back. The surrounding Missouri fans were nice and we didn't get any heckling at all for cheering for BYU. Sadly, BYU lost to Missouri, but the game was close. Both teams did not play their best, but being able to cheer and have fun with family was the best part about it. The kids especially loved to cheer as loud as they could for BYU and did well during the 3-hour game. All my siblings (and mom) went to BYU (including Kyle and Rebecca), but I went to BYU-Idaho, so while I would cheer for BYU in sports, I never felt like a true fan. Now that Scott is attending BYU for his masters, I feel more confident in cheering for BYU.

No comments:

Post a Comment